Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
mrl10
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
Accepted Solution

Error 507- BB Bold 9780

Hello,

One day I switched my phone off and I started it the next day, but it wouldn't start. It shows the reboot screen and it was loading, but when it came near the end he started again. I tried to 'repare' my Blackberry Bold 9780 with the Blackberry Software update, and it was loading, while above it stood 'Do not disconnect your device, because it might make your device un-useable. I didn't disconnect it, but my computer said it did, because that's just a wierd thing from my computer. So I tried it on a different computer and it loaded all the way, but now it said (on my blackberryscreen):

Error 507

Reload Software

For further information, please visit:

www.blackberry.com/507

However, when I do that, I land on the Spanish version of the Blackberry website and I don't think that that is the right one. 

So now my device is basicly un-useable and ofcourse I want to fix this. How do I do this?

Thank you for your help!

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Error 507- BB Bold 9780

Hello mrl10

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

The 507 error, which basically means that a part, or all of the actual OS is missing from the handset, You have to reinstall the device Software to recover from this error , Here is the KB that discusses this error , you can follow this to recover your device 

KB02792 : BlackBerry smartphone displays Error message “507” when upgrading BlackBerry Device Software

Or simply follow those steps and Install a fresh OS pack from your Carrier or any other :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then if it allows perform your backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
mrl10

Thank you very much, but I have a Mac and these programs don't work with OS X. Do you know what to do?

Elite II
prince2012

Hi mrl10

If you're a Mac user then try this Knowledge Base using Desktop Software for Mac :

KB19915 : How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software for mac

Try it and let us know of your progress.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
mrl10

It doesn't work unfortunately. I don't know why, but my software says that my device isn't connected to the computer, but  it is. And it isn't the computer, because other USB's do work on my computer..

Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

If Desktop Software is unable to detect your device then you have to follow another Knowledge Base , but you have to do it over  Windows , So please arrange a Windows PC then try this Knowledge Base to recover your device .

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Good luck.