Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Error 507 and RIM Handheld Communications Manager

I tried to upload the lastest version of app world and bbm. But wouldn't load. Got message Error 507.

Tried reloading software but wouldnt let me connect becasue of RIM Handheld Communications Manager wouldn't let me..

Any ideas how i can get my bb working again. Never had some many problems with a mobile before. Terrible service from bb.

Nathan

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: Error 507 and RIM Handheld Communications Manager

What do you mean, "wouldn't let me"?   Are you getting an error message?  Or does it just crash or just not run?

I've seen posts on problems with crashing or not running.  If that is the problem and you are. Other running the latest Desktop Software, try upgrading.   If you are running the latest, you could try a clean uninstall and then install again and test.

To get the BlackBerry up again as soon as possible, you may want to use another computer,  if possible.   Then come back to the first computer once you have the BlackBerry sorted. 

- Ira
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

Error 507 means the device does not detect any operating system installed on the device.

See the link below for the download, and follow these simple installation instructions.

First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

VIA | 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-software/error-507-reload-software/m-p/1477...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
My Device: 9700

Same here, updated BDM on request. As soon as ANY BB is plugged in displays Microsoft error panel " RIM handheld communications manager has encountered a problem and needs to close" unplug and plug back in just does it again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, same thing happens. I have now really uninstalled (down to the registery) and attempted update via web and as soon as communication manager reinstalls it crashes.

Contributor
My Device: Q10, Bold 9900, 9700 & Playbook 32GB

I've got the same problem on my old (3 years) 9900 ! I only fired it up to remind myself what I was missing after 6 months with my Q10 and foolishly got suckered into checking for and update. I tried to reload software from my trusty laptop with desktop manager which had my last backup from mid June but then kept getting the RIM "handheld comms manager" error as mentioned above and now PC doesn't not detect my bb when connected. I actually noticed I got a "561" error message on phone's "black screen of death"  instead of "507" I will have another go shortly as suggested also and install desk top manager on another PC. Fingers crossed :smileysad: Never had any issues like this in all my time on BB. Real shame

I want to believe
New Contributor

I have done all of them. It just would not run!!!!

Still dont know what to do...

New Contributor

josuefunesYou are the coolest person i know......
Tried again and it worked after hundreds of times......
Thanks very much....:Yes: Big smily face on me now.......