Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
pd4567
My Carrier: Thunder Bay Telephone
Accepted Solution

Error 507

Bold 9900 shows an error 507, downloaded Blackberry Desktop Software. Shows ID of cell phone but says it cannot connect, update Desktop Software, I have the latest version, How do I reload OS 7.0?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pd4567

Re: Error 507

as a further update, Desktop software sees the cell phone but will not communicate.  I am with TBay tel in Thunder Bay, Ontario. Went to their site and they do not show OS update for Bold 9900 

pd4567

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,755
My Carrier: Verizon

Try connecting your BlackBerry to a different USB port, preferably a main rear USB port, not a hub or front-PC USB port.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pd4567

I can run the loader.exe in the Desktop software and it shows any apps I have installed, but nothing on the operating system. There is limited communication to the phone with the screen showing error 507 and go to Blackberry.com/507.  When I go to the Blackberry site I just get run around and my local provider does not show OS for the 9900.  I went to Rogers and they say there is no update needed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pd4567

Solved problem, had to reload Blakberry desktop software, and get to screen that showed software available and installed software, it then let me reload 7.1, the Blackberry never really lost contact with the USB port but until I got to where I could reload the software it would not respond to any keystrokes or command. Gave me the option of backup prior to reloading.  Went through so many screens could not remember the exact order.

Please use plain text.
Noor_86
My Carrier: Kuwait - Wataniya

Hello..

I'm having a problem with my BB9900 as its been rebooting for almost 10 days now. I keep trying to update its software but unfortunately when I reach the last step where it tells me this might take up to 30min it actully takes to the next day and still its not completed.

Which keeps me on the loading black screen of blackberry. Or half way through it gives me the error of 507 and that I need to log on web to reload its software please advice :smileysad: *cry*

Please use plain text.
Dean34
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Help

Error 507 on Bold 9780, please can some point me in the right direction to resolve this issue

Dean

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,755
My Carrier: Verizon

Dean, install the BlackBerry Desktop Software to your PC.

Download it here:
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Then once installed, connect your BlackBerry to the PC.

Start the Desktop Software and you should be given a choice of 'upgrade, repair, cancel'.

If not, while still connected to the PC, remove the BlackBerry battery a minute, replace and see if you get those options on the Desktop.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.