Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
AWASTHC
My Device: Unlocked Verizon - Blackberry Bold 9930

Error - Device not registered

Hi,

I am using a Bold 9930 (unlocked Verizon phone) with Vodafone IN. When I go to Email Accounts setup (to setup email on the handheld) it shows that error "Your device is not registered. Please register your device and try again." I have registered my device using the Host Routing Table umpteen number of times and have got the message from the service provider that "your handheld has been registered with the wireless network", everytime, however the error persists.

I tried speaking with the tech support of my service provider. They sent me some tables and asked to remove my SIM and battery, reinsert and try again. I tried it but to no avail. Finally, they advised that it might be a problem with my 9930, since every thing is ok at their end.

Need help, before taking my handheld to the service center.

Much Thanks...

Chandan

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Error - Device not registered

Hello,

From what you describe, a visit to the Service Center would be your best option. It seems that they have already tried all that we may be able to advise, and only they (your carrier and/or Service Center) have access to the necessary "behind the scenes" to properly diagnose (and, hopefully, resolve) this.

Do be advised that using a BB on a carrier that does not natively support that specific BB Model can be quite challenging...I cannot tell if your carrier does or does not natively support the 9930, but if they do not, then their network may not be able to automatically deliver the necessary Service Books to your BB. Hopefully, the Service Center knows the necessary "tricks" to overcome that situation if it is indeed the case.

Good luck and let us know!

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code