Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Error Message when Downloading Software Update

Hi,

I kept getting this error message when attempted to download software update for my Blackberry Bold 9700 via Blackberry Desktop Manager V5.01. 

"An error has occured while downloading software for your device. Please verify your internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists." 

My laptop was definitely connected to the internet because I was browsing while trying to update. The Desktop Manager itself recognises that it is connected to the internet, because it scanned for updates for itself on the internet and updated succefully. But when it came to downloading updates for my blackberry handset. It became oblivion to the fact that it was connected to the internet and kept giving me this senseless error report!

Could somebody PLEASE help me!

Thanks in advance! 

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Error Message when Downloading Software Update

Are you trying to update your device over the air??

What is your current device OS version? I would recommend downloading and installing OS in your desktop and then try updating OS.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Hi,

My current device OS version is v5.0.0351 (platform 5.1.0.98).

I didn't take the initiative to download the updates. It was actually the Desktop Manager which prompted me to do so. Because a list of software updates were available according to it.

I don't care if I can't download the updates! I just want to install the the Easten Asian character and font support. I need to read and write Chinese on my blackberry, but I cannot download those because the daft thing wouldn't let me connect to the internet! 

Thanks!

New Contributor

Just tried on my friends computer. Installed Desktop Manager exactly the same way as how I did with my own laptop (apart from the installation CD prompted my friend's laptop to install XML 6.0 Parser and .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 before proceeding) and when the installation is finished, it CONNECTED! Downloaded all the updates needed for my handset including Eastern Asian Font and Characters Support! Came back and tried on my own laptop again, but still comes up with the same error message. So there must be something wrong with the settings on my laptop! But what is it?!! Help, please!!
My Carrier: WaridTel

I am experiencing the same problem, I'm using a bold 9700 - os 5.0.0.586. Desktop Manager giving internet connection error and i also tried the loader exe method with no LUCK help!

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

I am experiencing the same. Upon connecting my mobile phone to the PC, it first prompted me to back it up (it has been weeks since I last plugged my phone to my PC) and then I am prompted that a new software version is available for update (from 6.0 Bundle 2229 to 6.0 Bundle 2475). Clicking Update - Get Update - Install update... Shortly after that, I got the same error message. I kept on pressing Retry, but it won't work. The weird thing is sometimes after clicking on Cancel, my mobile phone reboots.

This is so annoying!