Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: 9780
Accepted Solution

Error id :40730 need urgent help to reset password********

[ Edited ]

Hi Team, 

I need help to reset the password of BB APP world I logged on to this website :- https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/main/login.seam?callbackuri=&i=4218081 this link is sending me a reset password agin to the BB userid email that is (personal info removed)@blackberry.com is my user id . How can I get the password from there when I am requesting to reset the password.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Error id :40730 need urgent help to reset password********

Hello,

Please see this KB:

• KB26361 How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password

As you will see, the reset email is intentionally NOT sent to the BB as a security measure. Therefore, you need to access the email account from something other than the BB itself. However, with the email account you used, you have an additional complication, since those hosted email accounts are ONLY accessible from the BB:

• KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Hi Guru,
Thank's for the reply . I followed the entire process , but no where on any links there is an option to sent the reset password of BlackBerry ID to an external email address that is eg :- gmail account. I am really in need of few application request you to please explain me better.
Contributor

to add to the above post I have also added filter to my external gmail account, if you need my pin for better resolution please let me know
Hall of Famer II

Donmenezes wrote:
Hi Guru,
Thank's for the reply . I followed the entire process , but no where on any links there is an option to sent the reset password of BlackBerry ID to an external email address that is eg :- gmail account. I am really in need of few application request you to please explain me better.

I think you are not reading it correctly...re-read the "Workaround" section. It says nothing whatsoever about doing anything to your GMail account...rather, you need to follow the instructions, log into your BIS account (from either a PC or your BB...it'll be much easier to use via PC though), and enable auto forwarding from your @bb account to your Gmail account. Then, resend the password reset email, access your GMail, and you should receive the reset email there so as to finally use it to fix your issues.

Please follow the instructions exactly, and if you can't follow some section, quote it exactly with what exactly you did and what exactly is not working correctly (point by point, please, with full details). I can't explain it any better unless you are specific about exactly where/how you are stuck.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II

Donmenezes wrote:
to add to the above post I have also added filter to my external gmail account

As I said above, there's no filters to add to your GMail account...what you need to do is add an auto-forward to your @bb account, so that all emails it receives are auto-forwarded to your GMail. Then, re-send the password reset, which will be forwarded to Gmail, which you can then access and use the reset email to fix things.

Donmenezes wrote:
if you need my pin for better resolution please let me know

What on earth would I do with that? Please re-read my auto-sig. I don't work for RIM nor your carrier. I have no access to any "back-end" systems to try and help you. Posting here on this site has nothing to do with any formal support for anything.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Thank you for your patience on replying, I finally understood the procedure but there is problem at myside I will explain you step by step .
"Workaround" section - To enable auto forwarding from the device follow KB28155 - I later went on my BB to add auto forward unfortunately I had only setup my gmail account in that server my blackberry account is not included hence I am unable to auto forward the RESET PASSWORD to the gmail account????? Request you to please reply back .
Hall of Famer II

Then switch to this KB:

But...

Donmenezes wrote:
my blackberry account is not included

In which case, your BB email account may well be gone, I really have no way to know for sure. You will need to ring up your mobile service provider to have them determine if the email account you configured into your BB ID/AW exists or not...normally, the carriers manage those @BB and @carrier email addresses. If the account is gone, then you will still need them to escalate you into RIM to see if they can perhaps shift the email account associated with your BB ID/AW to an email account that does exist.

It is also possible that they won't be able to do so...in which case all of your purchase records will be lost, and you will have to start over. I cannot know what they will or will not do, but your ONLY path is to go through formal support, from your mobile service provider, for escalation into RIM.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

You been great mate, and about ur last post that u updated me giving the link to the external network provider for help could you repost it I cant find that... its not for me but for all those following these post that might just be an solution... Thanks again.
Hall of Famer II

I'm sorry, but what? The links I provided are there...just scroll up to that post. I didn't give any link for contacting your mobile service provider...I've no idea how you would contact them, but I would think that your monthly invoice would have their contact information, wouldn't it? Unless I don't understand what you mean...in which case, please clarify the request.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates