Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Wilmari
My Device: blackberry9700 smartphone

Error message when accessing e-mails and sms screens

Good day. When trying to read e-mails and sms's I receive the following error message: dssma: invalid state (5): 140. Can someone help me please? I have a Blackberry 9700 Bold smartphone. I still see when I receive new messages and e-mails but am unable to open the icons to read them.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Error message when accessing e-mails and sms screens

Have you rebooted the device by removing the battery?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Jazzbo
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

:Yes: That worked for me. (doh!)

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Excellent!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!