If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
hopeinvain
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: EE
Accepted Solution

Error trying to install "Concur "app: "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to... ..."

Hello I am a new BlackBerry owner.

I have been trying to install the "Concur" app for several days now and I am still unable to do so.

I can search App World and click "Download" but after some time I just receive the message

"BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again."

I have followed the 3 steps in KB20031 and then tried again but I still see the same error.

Can anyone help me install this please?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Error trying to install "Concur "app: "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to... ..."

Hello hopeinvain

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

There are may reasons for this error that you are getting , As you already followed   KB20031 , So I suggest go through those KB and see if you are missing something :

KB28188 : "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again. (Error id: 40820) " error is displayed when opening App World on the BlackBerry smartphone

KB29490 :The error message "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again." occur when attempting to log into App World.

Or you can Contact your Carrier to know if your account is properly Configured.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hopeinvain

Re: Error trying to install "Concur "app: "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to... ..."

Hello, thank you for your answer.

My device version says "7.0 Bundle (v7.0.0.611, Platform 9.16.0.90)"

I looked for Service Books and there is no "APPWORLD"

According to KB28188 cause/resolution 2 I think this must be the problem since the device version is older than 7.0.1?

Except the resolution doesn't explain what to do about the missing service book...

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello hopeinvain

Thanks for this Update ! The problem is not with your device OS but you are lacking those Service Books .Generally this error appear if we lack specific BlackBerry Data Plan .Our Carrier push those Service Books when we activate BIS.

So to get those Service Books you have to call your Carrier . Also have you tried to do over WiFi network ?

Let us know if you feel any issue. 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hopeinvain

Hello,

thanks again for the anwer..

I tried over Wifi:

I can open App World but as soon as I try to search it says "BlackBerry App World is not currently available in your country... ..."

I also checked with a colleague's Blackberry [he has a different model of Curve] and he also has no [APPWORLD] Service Book but it still works for him over the Mobile network.

--------

When I very first got the device, I opened App World & searched for "concur".

When I clicked the Download button, it told me my version of App World needed updating. I followed the prompts & App World was downloaded + updated.

I was then informed that I needed to install Blackberry ID - which I did.

And finally, I can search for "concur" but upon clicking the Download buttin, I have this error connecting to the server.

It feels as if updating App World has stopped it working, since originally it seemed to try to download Apps...

Maybe I need to get in touch with my corporate Blackberry team?

I thought that everything would be fairly generic with the devices but the more I dig into it, the more it seems that companies can tie down & configure huge amounts of "stuff" on the device..

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

hopeinvain wrote:

--------

When I very first got the device, I opened App World & searched for "concur".

When I clicked the Download button, it told me my version of App World needed updating. I followed the prompts & App World was downloaded + updated.

I was then informed that I needed to install Blackberry ID - which I did.

Hi hopeinvain

The steps you performed are completely correct and in that sense it should have worked , if you did those over your Mobile network. On your Device Homescreen Go to Options > Device > BlackBerry ID > Are you login with your Blackberry ID ? 

hopeinvain wrote:

Maybe I need to get in touch with my corporate Blackberry team?

Do you have a Coperate Account , I mean you are on BES . If it is then ask your BES administrator they can fix it for you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hopeinvain

Hello,

thanks again for your answer.

Yes it shows that I am logged in with my Blackberry ID.

And yes, it's a corporate BES device. I'll ask our BB team & hopefully get an answer this month :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi hopeinvain

Sorry , If its a Coporate account then everything are controlled by your BES Administrator :smileysad: , they might have blocked some features. So please call them , I am sure they will clarify or fix this issue :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Visitor
ashe
My Device: blackberry 9900 dakota
My Carrier: wiraswasta

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hopeinvain

And the answer I received was "We don't support the mobile app. If you want to then be advised you are personally responsible for loading the app and any troubleshooting."

I now ask them a second question - has installation of all apps been restricted? :Wacko:

Please use plain text.