Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Cytanet

Error when I backup

Hi All,

I have a 9700 Bold with version and the desktop version 2.1.0 build 24 on Mac.

Now the problem is that when I try to do a backup it comes up with the following message "The backup failed due to an unexpected error.  Try backing up your data again.  If this continues, please contact RIM technical support"

I have tried this over and over with the same result.

What do I do ???

Super Contributor
My Device: *
My Carrier: No Carrier

Re: Error when I backup

Hellow there

There may be some cases that you MAC have some problems with the software. PLease do these things

1.        Try to check it with the PC having windws

2.        Try to connect with the bluetooth and then try to backup.

3.        Use some other version older then the new one for MAC and then check

PLease post if need any help

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I have been having this issue as well.  I have used DTM 2.1.1, 2.1.2 and now 2.1.3.  I have also been using a Pearl Flip 8230 and a Bold 9650.  Neither will work.  And since they won't back up I can't switch from the Pearl to the Bold using the switch device option.  I have tried resetting both devices as well as uninstalling and reinstalling, at least 2 versions, of DTM.

Is Apple not playing nice with RIM?

And no, I don't have a Windows machine to try this on.  There is a reason that RIM released the Mac version of DTM, they know that not everyone wants to use Windows.  And we shouldn't have to to use their wonderful devices.

As for Bluetooth, neither device will connect to the Mac that way.  You can send and receive files, but there is nothing that puts the phones in sync mode, either on the devices or in DTM.

OSX 10.6.8, Bold 9650 v6.0.0.524
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

I am having the same problem. The minute I click on BackUp I get The backup failed due to an unexpected error ... etc. Any idea how to get around this ?