Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Extremely slow 9700. Spinning clock

My BB Bold 9700 is getting slower and slower by the day. Today it got so bad that the spinning clock just kept coming on and on and eventually I had to take out the battery.

v6.0.0.666, Platform 6.6.0.241

Application Storage: Free Space: 45.1 MB

Media Card Storage: Total Space is 1.8GB and free space 940 MB.

Please let me know if there's any other information you need to resolve this problem. Thank you.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Extremely slow 9700. Spinning clock

When you removed the battery, was your phone powered ON?  Removing it with the phone turned OFF will do nothing to get rid of that spinning clock, however removing it with the phone ON should do wonders for speeding up your device.

Post back and we'll see if we need to explore other options.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Yes, it was with the phone ON. For now it's running smoothly, but I'm quite certain that in a day or so it'll be back to crawling speed.

Elite II

Keep in mind that the 9700 is no spring chicken; it's been around for a few years. Despite numerous battery pulls, your phone will eventually show its age.
In addition to battery pulls, I recommend reloading the OS using BlackBerry Desktop Software. I reload mine once every six months or so, whether it needs it or not. Consider doing the same.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

What do you mean by "reloading?" Formatting everything and installing the OS from scratch?

Edit: this? http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Elite II

Yes, that's it.
I haven't looked at the link but if it says anything close to plug your phone in to your PC, open BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Device in the software then click Restore.....then that's what you do.

Cheers. :smileyhappy: