Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Carmi
My Device: Blackberry 9790

FILE CORRUPTED!!

hello everyone!! please help me. I'm just new to Blackberry. I just had my BB 9790 a month ago. 

i just want to ask why is it that whenever i send pictures  using bluetooth, the file received is corrupted? is there something wrong with my phone? What to do?

I have already tried sending photos using bluetooth for a lot of times already, but the files being received in my mom's and and sister's phone is corrupted :smileysad: 

hope u guys can help me. thank you!!

Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: FILE CORRUPTED!!

Hmm. Corrupted files being received. Unusual. I could suggest to try updating your Bold 9790's Operating System?
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
New Contributor
Carmi

thank you. will try to update my phone's OS. but may i ask on how to?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

4) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

Don't forget to backup.

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Carmi

I am now having problem with my Bluetooth. i don't receive the files being sent to my phone . my sister has sent files to me. it was successfully and yet i haven't received it.

then with my laptop, i am trying to send files from it, but it seems that it  doesn't recognize the bluetooth connection of my phone. it displays a message "failed to perform discovery for (device name)"

what should with this problem?

how can i resolve this?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I recommend you perform the above OS reload to attempt and cure all of your issues, rather than trying to deal with them one at a time. Given that all of your issues are BT related, it may be that something about BT in the BB OS has become corrupted...and an OS reload should cure that.

Nevertheless, if you prefer to not try that, then...

Carmi wrote:

I am now having problem with my Bluetooth. i don't receive the files being sent to my phone . my sister has sent files to me. it was successfully and yet i haven't received it.

then with my laptop, i am trying to send files from it, but it seems that it  doesn't recognize the bluetooth connection of my phone. it displays a message "failed to perform discovery for (device name)"

what should with this problem?

how can i resolve this?

See this KB:

• KB05409 Transfer a file using Bluetooth technology between two BlackBerry smartphones

If your other device is non-BB, then substitute, in the KB, the appropriate instructions for your other device. Unless you are on BB OS 6 or 7, do not skip the "Receive Using BlueTooth" step on the receiving BB...nothing will transfer if you do.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Carmi

hello again:smileyhappy: 

i already know now the major problem in sending photos using bluetooth.

when i tried sending pics to other blackberry device, it was successfully transferred.. but when i'm trying to send it to nokia or samsung, the files being received is corrupted. what could be the problem of my phone?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Given that description, I actually would not deduce that the problem is with your BB. Rather, that the problem is with those receiving devices. If you can successfully send the file to any other device (BB or not), then the problem would logically be with the receiving device that experiences the corruption, not the sending device.

Further, this function is technically only supported between BB devices...introducing non-BB devices is technically outside the parameters of what the BB supports. Normally, it works fine...but if it fails, there is no formal support available for it.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Carmi

okay. thanks for your help:smileyhappy: