Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
not_fully_gruntled
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Facebook 4 **bleep**ed my BB calendar

I've got a Bold 9900 running software 7.1 bundle 2108 (bundle 2807 **bleep**ed up my system). I installed the latest Facebook for Blackberry just for the Facebook panel: no sharing with anything. Suddenly when I synced my device to BB desktop, my calendar was replicated with all new entries having a "Send: Facebook" field that I can't edit. Now new entries in my main Outlook calendar are no longer transferred to my device and new entries in my device (having a "Send: Facebook" field) do not appear in my outlook calendar. WTF?

Options > Device > Advanced Systems Settings > Service Book does not allow me to edit the Facebook [CICAL] entry. Neither does the Options > Device > Advanced Systems Settings > Default Services area. Calendar > Options. I can see the Default and Facebook "accounts" under Calendar > Options but I can't edit them.

Not that I would know what to put in there since the user manual presumes you have an email address associated with you BB (my provider's data package explicitly excludes email and web browsing).

Please help!

OS 7.1 bundle 2108
Contributor
not_fully_gruntled

Re: Facebook 4 **bleep**ed my BB calendar

ViciousFerret partially solved my problem in his response to Subject: Calendar?

I am following up on that thread so this thread can be deleted or ignored.

OS 7.1 bundle 2108
Contributor
not_fully_gruntled

Re: Facebook 4 **bleep**ed my BB calendar

Solved problem by:

1. Delete Facebook [CICAL] in Options > Device > Advanced > Service book
  2. Sync with desktop
  3. Full power off device and do a battery pull

OS 7.1 bundle 2108