Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Rydem
My Device: Bold 9700

Facebook App Trouble

I upgraded my Facebook app, and now it just isn’t giving me the option to actually launch it- I can find it in the applications section in the options menu, but it’s not in my applications folder so I can’t actually launch it, and I’m presently unable to find a link to download the old version that actually worked on my phone. The last known Facebook for Blackberry application version that worked for me was 3.1.0.17, and I can’t find it anywhere to download… It’s been roughly three hours or so of doing internet searches and reading dozens of threads to no avail, so this is my last resort.

I like my phone (usually), and I’d like to keep it, but I'm eligible for upgrade and I need my mobile Facebook app.

Platform: 5.1.0.112

App Version: 5.0.0.602 (1014)

I would be extremely grateful for any help resolving this matter, or perhaps direction to a link to download my old Facebook app version.

Thanks

Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)

Re: Facebook App Trouble

Hello Rydem

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com/

Eliminates Facebook application
Go to options, device, application management
Search Facebook and delete, reboot the BB

Download and install the latest version of Facebook from this link.

Open link from the browser on your BB

http://www.blackberry.com/facebook

Regards. 

• Response you like me? Want THANK? Click like.jpg
  • If it was the SOLUTION click "Accept as Solution"!

#bbm.original.png4LL original.png  #ichooseBlackBerry10 @Gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

New Contributor
Rydem

I did that before I made the thread... Any version past 3.1.0.17 hasn't worked at all on my phone- this is not the first "upgraded" version that I've had problems with, but I had a direct link to re-download the older working version to fall back on, but for some reason that's no longer in my phone, and I can't find it via the web.

I've already gotten a new phone since my contract has long been over, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with my Bold aside from the Facebook app not working, and I'd like to be able to solve this issue so I can toss the phone in a desk drawer somewhere and keep it as a backup in case I should ever need to use it.

Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)

Hi Rydem

Write me privately I will get the version you want.

Regards.

• Response you like me? Want THANK? Click like.jpg
  • If it was the SOLUTION click "Accept as Solution"!

#bbm.original.png4LL original.png  #ichooseBlackBerry10 @Gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Is this resolved yet?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Rydem

I'm not sure if this has been resolved or not. My BB web browser isn't working because I activated a new phone, so I was going to try to download the old app version from a link gutijose14 sent me in a private message to my PC and then install via BB desktop. In a perfect world I'd like the newest software versions to work, but if I can get the old version (3.1.0.17) back that's fine too- I'll then happily keep my Bold as a backup phone should the need arise.

Thanks.