Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

domthebom
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Tmobile

Facebook Newsfeed

Hi,

The facebook app on my Bold 9780 shows all news regardless of whether or not I have hidden them from my newsfeed via a browser on my PC.

I have cleaned up my newsfeed very well on my PC so that I only see the interesting stuff and not these thousand of farmville updates ect...

But when I enter the newsfeed on my bb device it shows all feeds, including all this annoying stuff.

Is there a way to transfer my settings from Facebook newsfeed onto my bb device?

Thanks in advance

domthebom

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Facebook Newsfeed

When you use/play a facebook app such as Farmville or others, you have to give it permission to access your personal information.  This includes posting on your wall.  When such an app posts on your wall, it's going to get pushed to your phone, too.

The only way to get out of being informed that farmer Brown just fed the chickens is to delete the app from your facebook page.  As long as it's there and you've granted permissions, you'll get updates on your phone.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
domthebom
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Tmobile

Sorry i believe you misunderstood my concern.

I dont have farmville app installed, i dont use facebook for this kind of stuff. I am talking about the newsfeed, lots of my friends play farmville or other stuff that I am not interested in viewing. On my PC i can hide applications like farmville from my newsfeed so I never have to see them again in my newsfeed when a friend plays this game. (same with other annoyin applications). However, I do see them in my facebook app newsfeed on my BB device. I also have an Iphone and this facebook app only shows the cleared newsfeed. So I guess there must be a way to transfer my FB setting onto my BB device.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Sorry for the misunderstanding................I've got nothing on this.  :smileysad:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
kmarshall
My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Hello!  Did you ever figure this out?   My newsfeed on my blackberry bold 9930 also shows all the newsfeed posts of others that I have hidden as well on my PC.   It's very annoying and I'm missing good postes because I'm getting all the game/app posts of other on the blackberry.

Please use plain text.
jsuvman
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

I too am looking for this answer. I figured out how to do it once but can not find it now after several Facebook for Blackberry updates.

As mentioned, when the settings are changed on the PC by choosing a Friend and changing their setting to "only important" updates or one of the other choices, all my other devices, iPad, iPhone, IPod Touch will take those settings. So most of their posts do not show in the News Feed. However, on the Blackberry, they still show up.

A while back I went through a bunch of screens on the Blackberry and finally found the place where you can click on their name and the same type of list showed up as on the PC for limiting their News Feed posts but I can not find it anymore? I don't know if it is gone or since it was many screens deep, that I just can't find the spot anymore?

Any help would be great as I have a few friends that post a lot of stuff that just fills up the News Feed with junk and I hate to block them completely.

Please use plain text.