If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Wasique
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: 3 UK

Facebook push notification error

I use facebook v1.9.0.23 on my blackberry. Lately, push notifications doesnot seem to work every now and then. I tried re-installing facebook and seemed to have worked. But, I am having the same problem again now. I logged out and logged back in. This time it said push notification cannot be activated at this time. Anyone else having the same problem? Or am I doing something wrong?
Please use plain text.
brando77
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Facebook push notification error

This is the best fix for now:

Logout of your Facebook App
Delete the app. (Do not reboot when it asks! Just choose to do it later)
Go to Facebook.com>Account>Privacy Settings>Applications and Websites (bottom left corner)
Click "Edit your settings"
Delete "Facebook for BlackBerry"
Reinstall Facebook App on your BB
Reboot when prompted

Everything should be back to normal after that. You may have to repeat these steps after a battery pull or reset though. The best way to check if you're good to go is to look under your profiles: Change Sounds And Alerts>Sounds For selected Profile>Other Applications - Notifiers. If you see Facebook listed in there, your notifications will work!

Please use plain text.
weeyin83
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Facebook push notification error

RESET UR PASSWORD VIA FACEBOOK ON A PC!! IT'S SO STRANGE BUT DOES WORK!!! :Clap:

Please use plain text.