Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
jeff2008
My Device: Not Specified

Failure to sync using Desktop Manager Blackberry 9000 Bold

[ Edited ]

Windows XP

Outlook 2007

I have followed the instructions provided by Blackberry:http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&thread.id=31762.    

As Soon as I check any one box on the list: e.g.. Calendar, Memo Pad,  Address Book, or Tasks the DM immediately switches to the next step for “Select Desktop Application”

3.     I click on  “Microsoft Outlook” on the “Available desktop applications” list and click “next”

4.     Check the radio button with Two way sync 

5.     Click “Next”

6.     The next screen is titled “Microsoft Outlook Options for Calendar”

7.     For “Calendar Date Range” I click on the radio button for  “Transfer all scheduled items”. (it does not change the outcome if I choose any of the other synchronization options)

8.     Then click “next”

9.     The next window is titled “Calendar Setup Finish”, Congratulations you have successfully configured the product

10.   I click the “Finish” button

11.   The Error Message Box reads “Microsoft Outlook Connection Error"     "No available message stores"

12.   Same result with: Memo pad, Address Book, or Tasks with the same result

I have reinstalled the soft ware three times

Any help is appreciated

Message Edited by jeff2008 on 11-12-2008 09:38 AM
Message Edited by jeff2008 on 11-12-2008 09:38 AM
Message Edited by jeff2008 on 11-12-2008 09:39 AM
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Failure to sync using Desktop Manager Blackberry 9000 Bold

You don't said nothing about with desktop software you have installed on your pc.

Read this link please

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB12806&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

If you need to desinstall the Blackberry desktop software:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Let me know, thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
leo
New Contributor
leo

Hi,

I am having the same problem with the same error messages.  My BB desktop manager is v4.6.  Many thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mnearchou

I have exactly the same problem. I use Windows XP, Outlook 2003 and desktop manager 4.7.

thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jeff2008

This is the link to the full posting below.

http://www.somelifeblog.com/2008/11/noavailablemessagestoresblackberrysyncf.html

When the page loads you may have to click on "Skip This Ad" in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

I will cut and paste the most basic steps:

The root problem was with a corrupted or incompatible version of MAPI32.dll with the Blackberry Desktop Manager and Microsoft Outlook. Given the problem and the tools that Microsoft provides in Windows XP and Windows Vista, you can accomplish the fix in less than 5 minutes.

Here are the steps...

1. Optional (I did not follow and it worked): Exit out of both the Blackberry Desktop Manager and Microsoft Outlook clients. Make sure that in your task manager that the process Outlook.exe is not running.

2. In the default Windows XP or Windows Vista installation go to the folder C:\Windows\System32. You can also get there by typing in %systemroot%\system32 into the Start --> Run prompt.

3. In the System32 folder, find the file "MAPI32.dll" and rename it to "MAPI32.dll.old" or similar.

4. In the System32 folder, there is another file called "FIXMAPI.EXE" that may just show as FIXMAPI depending on your configuration. Double-click it to execute the file, it will create a new version of MAPI32.dll.

5. Verify the new file in your System32 folder. You may need to hit F5 to or go to View --> Refresh in order to show the newly created file.

Now start up the Blackberry Desktop Manager and re-configure the synchronization feature. The error message Microsoft Outlook Connector Error - No available message stores should no longer be there!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
patsymat

I am new to blackberry and smart phones, in general.  I have a bold and am having a terrible time getting it to sync with my outlook contacts.  I have  a bold 9000, DM 4.7, XP and Outlook 2007.  When I try to configure the sync in the DM the only applications that are available are Yahoo, Outlook Express and ASCII Importer/Exporter.  Similarly, the available calendar options do not include Outlook...only Outlook Express. I have not used Outlook on my home comupter...I am a Thunderbird/Mozilla fan.  However, I havecopied all of my contact info over to Outlook 2007and will continue the move to Outlook...if I can get the sync to work.

I have already identified Outlook as my default mail application and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DM.

I am at a loss...any suggeations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
patsymat

I am new to blackberry and smart phones, in general.  I have a bold and am having a terrible time getting it to sync with my outlook contacts.  I have  a bold 9000, DM 4.7, XP and Outlook 2007.  When I try to configure the sync in the DM the only applications that are available are Yahoo, Outlook Express and ASCII Importer/Exporter.  Similarly, the available calendar options do not include Outlook...only Outlook Express. I have not used Outlook on my home comupter...I am a Thunderbird/Mozilla fan.  However, I havecopied all of my contact info over to Outlook 2007and will continue the move to Outlook...if I can get the sync to work.

I have already identified Outlook as my default mail application and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DM.

I am at a loss...any suggeations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.