Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
hoop7074
My Device: Not Specified

File emails expand / collapse

Dear All

I have an issue with my Bold, that when I file away email now it expands all my Outlook (2003) folders (I have hundreds on BES 4.0). When I had a curve and I went to file away emails it intelligently remembered the email addresses and folders where I previously filed away email, and automatically took me to that folder. As well as not expanding all my folders.

Does the bold have this function? I really need to be able to see my folders not expanded as I have 5 top level outlook folders and numerous folders below this, but as mentioned all folders are expanded making it a nightmare to file away emails on my Bold.

Please help!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raudet

Re: File emails expand / collapse

Hello All,

We have over 30 BB users that manage their Outlook mail with these handhelds since the old model 7230 days.

We just received our first model 9000 Bold units and have also noticed this particular abnormality. Since our senior managers have about 3 meters of Outlook folders setup that are all expanded now, then refuse to use the unit.  It is too much work to "file" away their e-mails now.

If anybody at Blackberry can tell us when a fix will be available or how change this behaviour, it would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

R. Audet

Please use plain text.
onsetit

Have you found an answer for this? We are experiencing the same thing moving from the Curve to the Bold. Filing messages goes to your folder list expanded, we need them to be collapsed to the higher level of folders.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
SamF

Our users, also moving from Curve to Bold and blackberry users for 5+ years, have the same problem.  I've opened a trouble ticket with RIM, so at least they are aware of the problem.  I'll update if we get a bug fix.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raudet

Hi All,

Here is a tip that our local support gave that satisfied our needs.  When filing e-mails, the user should start to type the first few letters of the folder they want to store the e-mail in.  The Blackberry is smart enough to filter on this and should show only the few Outlook folders that match these few letters.  May even be faster than opening 3 levels deep with the old method.

PS: If the user created two sub-folders with the same name, this becomes visible (side benefit :-)

Roger
Please use plain text.