Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

thedassi
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

File's And Images

My BB fell into the water and fixing it is just to much of a hassle so I rather got a new one all I want to know is there a way to get all the file's and images of the old one, the device seems to go on but after 4 sec it just go's off again.

Please help 

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: File's And Images

Hello thedassi, 

Welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear about your issue. If the files and images were on a media card you can try to take the card out of the device and put it in a card reader to see if you can access the files from a computer. You can also connect the device to a computer using a USB cord to see if it will stay powered on long enough to make a connection with the computer and then you can try to access the files.  The last thing you can try is putting the device in a bag of uncooked rice for 24-48 hours, this may draw out any moisture that is inside and then you may be able to boot the device. With water damage it is tricky because there is no way of knowing what components of the device have been damaged. 

Good luck, let us know how it goes and if you need any other help. Have a good day. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.