Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
evan1etter
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Force Preferred WiFi

My University has two WiFi; the "secure one" that is an absolute disgrace seeing as I cannot access it via my Bold 9900, and then the "Guest" network. I always have to manually select the guest network because that's the only one that will work for me. I'll be happy and browsing the web, when all of the sudden, my bb decides to switch to the secure network because it's stronger in that moment. It's an honest mistake, really, my phone is just trying to help. How can I stop it from automatically choosing the secure network, and instead tell it only to connect to the guest network? Please, any help would be great.

BB for life!!!!

-Ev
Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Force Preferred WiFi

Hi even1etter and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

To avoid the switching between available networks, remove the "secure" network from your Saved Wi-Fi networks.  Go into Manage Connections, choose Wi-Fi Network, then select Saved Wi-Fi Networks.  Highlight your "secure" network, press the menu key and choose Delete.

The BlackBerry smartphone will only transfer connections to saved Wi-Fi networks.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
evan1etter
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Force Preferred WiFi

Thanks!