Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

Forgot Password- at 9 of 10 Tries

How to I  by pass the pass word requirement. I am locked out of my phone.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Forgot Password- at 9 of 10 Tries

There is no way to bypass it.  Once you type in the wrong password 10 times the device will wipe all of its data and you can set a new password but your data will be gone.

Do you have a backup?

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

yes, at least I have thank. Thank you.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

If you have a backup then you can restore it after the wipe but once restored you'll need to enter the password to get the data so you're only back to 10 more tries again.

Sorry, there is no other way. No password, no data. That's the whole idea. Otherwise, having a password would be useless.

John
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!