Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

From BES to BIS in a Bold

I just bought a BB Bold. I work for an organization that uses Microsoft Exchange, and in addition I have other 2 e-mail addresses I regularily review. While setting up my BB Bold yesterday, I took the BES road but as I am not in my office now, the BB Bold can not conect to the Server as we dont handle virtual machines to connect to the server when away from office desk. After doing that, and trying to have access in my BB, I uninstalled the Desktop Software, and reinstalled it again under the BIS system. Now I feel that my BB Bold is running under BES while my desktop Software is doning it under BIS. I just need advice as what to do to be able to work in my office with the exchange server, as well as when out from office to receive and answer e-mail messages from my company address, and the other 2 private addresses I have. Thanks,
Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: From BES to BIS in a Bold

The device needs to be activated on the BES, first. Perform that first (you may need a BES activation password from your admin) and then setup your BIS accounts on the device afterwards.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code