Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Takashi888
My Device: BlackBerry bold 9900

From Japan

Happy New Year to everyone!!

Wish all of you to have wounderful year ahead!!

I got problem with my BB Bold 9900(docomo) to connect with iPhone5 tethering with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

This is what happen. I bought BB Bold 9900(docomo) end of last year and I did try to connect with my iPhone5 tethering. Both mobile(BB & iPhone5) shows that Wi-Fi has been connected but no data transmit. I can't connect to web site, upload Twitter and Facebook. Also I cna't received any message(e-mail, What'sApp, LINE and others). I did check with Softban(one of carryer sale iPhone5 in Japan) and they had three(3) more iPhone5 and same result.

I did check by troubleshoot and BlackBerry Infrastructure has show not connected.

I did try to connect with other Wi-Fi terminal(docomo pocket Wi-Fi, Softbank pocket Wi-Fi & house Wi-Fi terminal). There are no problem at all and also BlackBerry Infrastructure has show connected  

My question is why only iPhone5 is not able to connect?

I check with docomo(carryer sale and service BlackBerry in Japan) and they told me because of OS has security.

Also it might be compatibility with iPhone5 is not good. But this kind of case is never happen in Japan. 

I did check on the web and I got one person has same problem adn he also couldn't solve this problem.

I just want to solve this problem and use my BelackBerry fully.

Please give me your idea or solutions to solve my problem.

Thank you & Best regards.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: From Japan

I'm having a little difficulty understanding you. Are you wanting to use your iPhone5 as a hotspot and connect the BlackBerry to that hotspot?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
Takashi888

So sorry for my poor English. 

Yes, I want to use my iPhone5 as hotspot and connect my BlackBerry to this hotspot.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I've never tried it but my guess is that the ports for the BlackBerry infrastructure are not open for that on the iPhone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
Takashi888

Dear John san,

Thank you very much for your reply. 

Your means iPhone5 setting is not open for BlackBerry infrastracture? But iPhone5 don't have any setting. 

Guru I
John_Clark

It wouldn't be a setting you could adjust. It would be a network setting or a setting you can't change.
New Contributor
Takashi888

I see... 

That means Apple block Blackberry only... Because any other network can connect by BlackBerry and iPhone5 can connect Galaxy Note and others. 

I will going to Apple Store tomorrow. I will check one more time with them.

Guru I
John_Clark

It just means it may work and it may not. It isn't something that either device would officially support.