Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
naviwilliams
My Device: Z10 & Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Full sized images on the BOLD, via BlackBerry Pin Messenger...

Weird! When I take a photo with my BOLD, and send it to someone via Blackberry Pin Messenger (BPM), they never receive it full screen, and I can't see photo full screen either.

It never did this on the Curve, or Pearl for that matter. Is this something on the BOLD only? I hate this feature. Anyone else?

@naviwilliams
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Full sized images on the BOLD, via BlackBerry Pin Messenger...

Well, hello Mr. Navi!  :smileyhappy:

I think BBM shrinks the pic.  it's always a much smaller file when sending over BBM.  Ever notice how quickly it sends the pic?  I'm not on a Bold but my guess would be that it's just too small to fit on the bigger screen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
naviwilliams
My Device: Z10 & Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi there, John! How are you? I hope all is well...

Good point, but didn't do that on the Curve. I just wish they'd change it. I wonder if it's any different on the 8900?

@naviwilliams
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
altgo83
My Device: BlackBerry Pearl 8100

I have the same problem!!
I have a BB Pearl and when my friends send me images via BB Messenger from a curve or "wider" phone,
the resolution is very bad! It shrinks the width ( yes, only the width ) to fit my narrow screen and its very upsetting!
It doesn't shrink the images keeping the proportions and I can't see anything clearly, everything looks out of shape.
When I click "View", I should be able to see the images the same way I see the pictures I take with my phone.
Please help!!
Thanks
Best Regards
Alex
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tamsin
My Device: Not Specified

I am confused with this as my friend and I have exactly the same 8900 now when I send him photos, it shrinks on his screen, but when he sends me, they're always fullsize. All our camera settings are the same tho, please help!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tamsin
My Device: Not Specified

I had the exact same prob until 30mins ago Basically u just need to have the newest version of bb msngr, 5.0033 or something. If they have newest version and u don't, url be able to see their pics fullsize but then u send to them, itl shrink a little.
Please use plain text.