Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

GMail/Blackberry Issues....Several

Hello all.

Please forgive me if these questions have been answered already. I have a Bberry Bold 9900 which I converted to from an iPhone. Below are some issues i have been having:

1. My device is setup for wireless synchronization between my Gmail account and my phone. For some reason, my phones contacts include anyone/everyone I have ever sent an email to via Gmail. As you can create different subfolders for your contacts (i.e. All Contact/Blackberry Contacts) is there a way for me to just sync a specific folder? If i delete a contact from Gmail, then it doesn't come up when I want to compose a message to that person.

2. When I made the switch from iPhone to Bberry, many if not all of my contacts' first and last names were reversed. I spent some time switching them around on the device itself, only to have it be reversed when the sync occurred. Is there a way to ensure that my Gmail and device are on a 2 way sync so that if I make a change on the device, it'll reflect as such on my contacts?

3. I have duplicates/triplicates and so forth of many contacts. 

Ultimately, I need to find out the easiest way/smoothest way to sync everything so that it is clean and I no longer have unnecessary contacts/duplicates in my phone.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!