Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Telecom Personal

General Failure

Hey, thanks in advance for taking the time of checking this out. I warn you that English is not my native language so I may make a few mistakes. Sorry about that.

I own a Blackberry Bold 9700. I live in Argentina and my carrier is Telecom Personal. The OS I have loaded into it is the 6.0.

The phone was working wonderfully until this morning. I went to the Email Configuration app because I changed my password, so an update notification followed. I accepted it, and went forward with it. When it ended, It asked me for a reboot, which I did. The thing is, It didn't reload at all.

At the beggining it stayed at the loading screen with the black screen and the blackberry logo. Then a while later, it went to a menu called "BlackBerry Platform 6.6.0.137" where a list of stuff appears. AddressBook, Calculator, and stuff. It seems like a list of the services and apps the phone has installed. I don't know. No icons are to be seen, and when i keep the menu button pushed to change apps, icons don't show up at all, just 3 apps are seen, they are: "Messages, Phone, and, Java Console". When I choose Phone, my signal status is off and there's no history of any phonecalls. And when i choose Messages, it just says there, like it crashed.

I did a battery pull, to no results. Also, I did some research and i found this article and this other one too where it recommends to make a clean reload of the bb software. I tried that, but when it tries to connect to the phone to make the backup, it just stays there.

So now I don't actually know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: cellc

Re: General Failure

Has there been any resolve to this? The exact same thing happened to me yesterday - My Curve 9300 requested the update to be done so I went with it!

Cant use blackberry at all now!!!

I cannot even connect it to the computer to do a reload???

Is there a problem with the update that was issued!!!???