Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
RUSHAB315
My Device: Not Specified

Re: General Issue I found on 9700!

I have version .330 and having the problems syncing with Outlook 2007.

It's definitely a bug and I am trying to find a way to send this to RIM technical support.

Rushab

Please use plain text.
aceman118

I'm having the same issue. My contacts are synced via exchange at work and it does all the formating. I'm surprised this didn't come up in testing. Would be nice to have an eta on a fix for this.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ceebee818
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

This problem has pissed me off for the last 2 weeks. I have over 2000 contacts and I refuse to change the format - I've never had to before. Not to mention, it would make it difficult for me to read the phone numbers from the address book on my computer.

This is one issue that I hope RIM addresses immediately.

Please use plain text.
Retired
Brodie
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Hi all,

The below article describes this issue, and this is being investigated to be fixed in a future release of the handheld software:

Article Name: Mobile number displayed when receiving a SMS from a contact on the BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone

Article Number: KB20150

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20150

Thanks!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
darkestfenix

win

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
r1chy
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

I can't deactivate the lock/unlock-button at the top on the left!

It's very bad because in my pocket the bold deactivate the keylock automatically and calls a number of my contacts ...

Please use plain text.
rollyp66

Re: General Issue on 9700! PLEASE TEST IF YOU HAVE ONE!

I have this issue along with 2 other people I know. I have over 2000 contacts in my phone there is NO WAY I am going to change the format for each contact. This needs to be resolved asap, if you hit menu it says the name of the contact in the options...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johnradams

I am having the same problem.  I have perhaps 1,000 contacts in my Bold, most of which originated in Outlook 2003 (I find it easier to perform most data entry on my computer keyboard :-).  In the past, the phone number format used by Outlook has always been accepted by all flavors of BlackBerry that I have used; this format is (222) 555-1212.

This is an annoying hassle that RIM should fix ASAP.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Andrew212
My Device: Bold 9700

I've heard the problem only shows up after you install the latest BBM on the 9700. Unfortunately, I can't confirm that because upgrading BBM was the first thing I did.

For those not having the problem, are you still using the BBM version that came installed on your phone?

Please use plain text.
photolarry

Same issue here.  This seems like a major bug people.  I mean an SMS text message not looking up my contact name?  Come on now.  A fix should be made PRONTO from RIM.  I want some staff member to assure me this is going to be fixed soon or else I call TMOB and ATT and tell them where the sun does not shine.  Feel me?

Please use plain text.