Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
ilikecookies
My Device: 9700

Give me Blackberry OS 6 or I go to Android

My first phone in highschool 7 years ago was a Blackberry I understand that RIM wants people to buy their new phones...

but I am patiently waiting, and there is no reason for me to do so when you can give us the upgrade right now.

If I don't get OS 6 on my 9700 within 30 days I am switching to Android, which is a huge deal for me because I would have to pay $300 to cancel my crappy contract with rogers and pay $400 for my Wind Mobile phone.

I don't want the Torch, and I am willing to $700 to get the phone I want.

I know a lot of people are in a similar boat as me, if they don't get an upgrade their switching phone platforms..

get your game together Blackberry you've already dropped to #3 in the United States. Give us the upgrade!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Give me Blackberry OS 6 or I go to Android

ilikecookies wrote:

get your game together Blackberry you've already dropped to #3 in the United States. Give us the upgrade!

How's that koolaid taste?

#3? lol, nope, not yet at least.

Just so you know, your carrier will release OS6 when they're ready, so you need to be threatening rogers, not RIM... just in case you're serious.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
ilikecookies

whatever the case, Android and Apple are gaining on Blackberry, they are slow to upgrade with no "amazing" innovations.

and I absolutely hate the new Blackberry Desktop, it syncs everything when I don't want it to, and its incredible slow, worse than iTunes.

the only reason why I haven't switched and why I signed a 3yr contract last year, was because I love Blackberry and I hate touch phones, but I am willing to learn how to love touch interfaces - if Blackberry & RIM are this ignorant to treat their loyal customers like marketing dummies.

I run my own business, which is why Blackberry email is good for me, but Android might be better since I use a lot of cloud services.

in either case RIM put pressure on Rogers and vice-versa. All I know Im going to dole out $700 dollars in 30 days if I don't get OS6

Contributor
ilikecookies

[ Edited ]

Sadly, RIM being a Canadian company they always give the US first dibs on everything.

They haven't doled out OS6 upgrades to any carriers in the US, and when that happens, it'll take weeks for it to happen here in Canada.

All I know is I am mentally ready to leave Blackberry after my long loyalty - I'll miss BBM, but this lack of innovation and out right disrespect for existing users is insulting.

New Contributor
45man
My Device: Bold 9700

FYI, android and windows mobile are two different operating systems. And if you think you're irritated now, if you really want to be happy with android you are going to have to buy an unlocked phone to get the android experience you are looking for and that is going to be a lot more than $400. The android operating system is fragmented so bad among the different carriers and loaded down with their customized crapware so you can only download apps approved by verizon (if that's who you went with) and you would still be waiting on updates. And you still may not be able to get it ddepending on what carrier you are with. Just food for thought. Did a lot of research before I decided on Blackberry.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ilikecookies wrote:

Sadly, RIM being a Canadian company they always give the US first dibs on everything.

Oh really? You ought to do some homework. There have been a number of devices first released in Canada.

Secondly, again, RIM has nothing to do with what carriers first release the operating system upgrades, it is totally dependent on the carrier to release once they have done their testing and certification AND training on the new release. It's got nothing to do with the your delusional US-Canada rivalry. For instance, last week a French carrier was the first to release the latest OS release for the 9800 Torch.

Anyway, I don't know what you're so angry about, good luck, regardless.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
ilikecookies

i love blackberry, but their crappy innovation centre in waterloo just sucks compared to Android & Apple.

they are incredibly slow when it comes to innovation. In the last 3 years all their phones have reacted to the market, they haven't lead with a technology since the blackberry itself was invented.

and my "delusional" rivalry isn't delusional, while I understand the US market is larger and more important to RIM they could at least launch phones at the same time in both markets, the 9700 and the Torch and the Storm 2 were all launched in the US first, and as far as I can remember all their phones are always launched first in the US, in recent memory.

and Blackberry isn't immune to the crapware carriers load, there are a bunch of stupid games and softwares rogers loaded on to my blackberry that I can't delete.

at the end of the day RIM is a sluggish slow company, and im not the only one who feels this way. 

Regular Contributor
harvfl
My Device: Z10 and Blackberry Playbook

agree with another commentor you should call your carrier than post threathening comments here on this thread. If you love BB, stay with RIM.  Why?

I've used many different cell phone platforms the past 15+ years from European Nokia, Ericsson to US windows based cell phones. Last Dec. 2009 I got a BB Bold 9700 as an upgrade. I am very satisfied with the phones functionality and accurancy of use. It's very professionally designed for serious users. I plan on getting the Torch when my current contract matures.

My wife has an Android based cell phone she got last summer.  The Android system has many software inaccurancies f.ex. if your phone is accepting mobil networking the phone will log hundreds of MB without your consent in the middle of the night. Within 2 days you used your monthly alotment of MB useless you pay the cost for unlimited MB. Just visit HTC's Support Forum about this problem and other Android errors.

The onscreen touch keyboard on Android is too small for adult fingers. You consently get incorrect letters and numbers and must correct your mistakes which is time consuming.

As for Apple, why pay for an overpriced device when the company's CEO refuses to allow applications or functions on the iphone simply because he personally does not like that item.  If you live in the NY tri-state area expect numerous dropped calls. Thousands of Apple users are dissatisfied.

I suggest you stay with a professionally functioning cell phone instead of a fashion toy.

Regular Contributor
klo-bb
My Device: Bold 9700

Yes I totally agree with last comment by harvfl. I moved last month from iphone to bb 9700 and I'm happy with this device, never used bb before. I prefer this device for what this is, and I'm sure even bb itself don't won't to be like iphone or android as well.

I love the BB keyboard and smart apps I don't nothing more, I'm just curious for OS6, but and OS5 is doing work good.
Contributor
ilikecookies

while I agree with most points, at the end of the day many people including myself are envious of the quality of apps, games and integrated services from Android.

Virtually all my web services are with Google and Google always makes the best interface for their products on Android, they haven't even bothered creating a Google Buzz app for Blackberry.

inevitably I want to get a Google/Android based tablet and having a phone and tablet synced together will be better for me. I will never get the lam Blackberry Playbook.

while I love Blackberry, and my while my professional peers all use Blackberry for work, I'm starting to get really annoyed by the constant disrespect by RIM in the sense that they are at a slower innovation pace then their competitiors and are simply sitting around knowing they have a certain amount of their customers (enterprise) locked in so they don't have to do much.

They're like Microsoft, who got too snobby and look where they are in mobile right now. 

That's the point I am most annoyed with, is RIM's lack, slow pace of innovation - and I don't think anyone here can argue with me.