Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Regular Contributor
MissPage
My Device: Bold 9900

Glitch with Blackberry 9900 and Youtube Videos

I got my new phone 2 weeks ago. BB 9900. Everytime I play a youtube video from my device, it launches the video, plays the video then about 2 minutes into it, it stops and I get an error message: "! An error has occured attempting to play media".  Please someone post a fix for this! I've done everything possible, pulled the battery, upgraded software, removed any 3rd party app, changed my sim card, contacted my service provider.  24 hours later still no solution. My old BB 9000 with the trackball worked better! Videos streams flawlessly. I have also searched the web, forums and nothing solid in the way of a fix. What an embarrasment RIM! Your phone comes with a Youtube Icon and stream properly. I've also tried going to youtube using the browser and the same thing happens. Surely RIM/Blackberry must know about this problem? I'm so surprised there isn't a fix. At least I haven't found one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Glitch with Blackberry 9900 and Youtube Videos

[ Edited ]

I see you said you've upgraded the software, but I'm thinking a complete reload from scratch will do the trick.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

If it doesn't work, maybe rogers can replace the device.  Not sure its a hardware issue though.

I just recently had a complete reload. Now I have to test the device for 24 hrs before my data can be installed. I'll give you an update as soon as I know more.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MissPage

Service Provider reloaded the operating system and issue still not resolved. How lame is that? I tested it watching a video from the youtube icon that comes with the BB9900. I will now attempt to try viewing videos from the browser. This is beyond frustrating. And the result is.....Negative!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

How odd. I had the exact same problem some months ago and the software reload from scratch fixed it for me. Let me check with my friends for a second opinion.

Thanks so much. This is beyond frustrating. After 3 attempts to get this resolved with my service provider from Rogers, nothing. They said they do not support Youtube and that I need to contact Blackberry. So they provided me with this number: 1-877-255-2377. I spoke to BB Customer Support who then told me I have to send my request to the developers at this email address: support@amairasoft.com. This is just ridiculous! It's no wonder more people are ditching BB and moving over to iPhone or Samsung. Might be my next move too!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
synthetic-darkness
My Device: bold 9900

I too am having the problem I feel your pain. I did a reload nothing works.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MissPage

Have you contacted support about it? Did anyone give you any advise? I find this appalling that Blackberry hasn't addressed this issue which when doing reasearch goes as far back as the Torch. Shame on you Blackberry for leaving your customers frustrated and unhappy. It's no wonder your demise is just around the corner.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
synthetic-darkness
My Device: bold 9900

I only contacted rogers tech thinking the issue for streaming was a data plan issue. The error received essentially is saying I don't have a data plan.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MissPage

So much for the extra data plan I recently upgraded to.
Please use plain text.