Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Re: Glitch with Blackberry 9900 and Youtube Videos

That's awesome. Now they need to resolve this netowrk issue. I'm thinking you workig with Jsanders has paid off wiith determing the root cause of this youtube issue.

@mojg1: This is a carrier issue. Please read the entire thread. It took some time to determine the root cause thanks to jsanders and MissP
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Wolf359 wrote:
@mojg1: This is a carrier issue. Please read the entire thread. It took some time to determine the root cause thanks to jsanders and MissP

Not 100% certain that it's a network issue yet but it's looking more and more like it could be. I will post more next week when RIM gets back to me.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MissPage

Wolf359 wrote:
That's awesome. Now they need to resolve this netowrk issue. I'm thinking you workig with Jsanders has paid off wiith determing the root cause of this youtube issue.

Everyone working together has brought us to this point. No resolution yet but at least we are closer and RIM is working on it.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

Indeed. I've got the same bold with AT&T and was able to play a youtube video over 1 hour in length. Syn loaded the same OS on an identical device and it didn't work. The netowrk was the only difference. I'm curious about the results too.
My Device: 9900

Ok perfect and please keep me posted as I am very frustrated with the is issue. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MissPage

Wolf359 wrote:
Indeed. I've got the same bold with AT&T and was able to play a youtube video over 1 hour in length. Syn loaded the same OS on an identical device and it didn't work. The netowrk was the only difference. I'm curious about the results too.

I just hope that RIM doesn't send me back to Rogers. I hope both companies will work together and not leave it up to the consumer to sort out. I've spent 2 very exhausting days dealing with various members of technical support. You know everytime you get someone new, you have to explain the entire thing all over again.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

Indeed. When that happened to me dealing with other companies, I made sure they added notes. The next time I called, I said "read the notes on this existing issue". I learned that the hard way.
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

JSanders wrote:

Can I ask if you are on 3g or H+ data?

Anyone else?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
synthetic-darkness
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

[ Edited ]

J Wolf Page can you tell me what speed you guys stream at. It seem to me from the get go was, streaming on wifi is faster then H+ network. I read some where unless you have super fast data stream, youtube wont work or load videos on a mobile. The last Roger tech support I spoke thought the same thing I did from the first day I was looking into the problem a week ago.

My question I have for J which i haven't found on the net yet how do we make our data plan stream faster without having to upgrade to a LTE phone.

Please use plain text.