Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Regular Contributor
MissPage
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Glitch with Blackberry 9900 and Youtube Videos

J - Data Services were ON when I tested. Just tried again and without Rogers ON I get zero network access.

Wolf - I might have to give bbsak a try however it's unusual that I would need to. At this point, I'm willing to try anything.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MissPage

Exactly. There are other discussions around this very same topic on this forum but on older versions. No fix :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MissPage

This just occurred to me. Would it have anything to do with my media settings? What should I look for and set them as? Thanks again
Please use plain text.
Contributor
synthetic-darkness
My Carrier: rogers

Wolf i did has you suggested the problem still exist.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MissPage

synthetic-darkness wrote:

Wolf i did has you suggested the problem still exist.

Good to know. I won't bother then.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

MissPage wrote:
Thanks so much. This is beyond frustrating. After 3 attempts to get this resolved with my service provider from Rogers, nothing. They said they do not support Youtube and that I need to contact Blackberry. So they provided me with this number: 1-877-255-2377. I spoke to BB Customer Support who then told me I have to send my request to the developers at this email address: support@amairasoft.com. This is just ridiculous! It's no wonder more people are ditching BB and moving over to iPhone or Samsung. Might be my next move too!

do I understand correctly ? You contacted BB Customer support, and they told you to contact amairasoft.com , a third party ? Who is this company ? Do you have an app from them installed on your device ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MissPage

Xandrex wrote:

MissPage wrote:
Thanks so much. This is beyond frustrating. After 3 attempts to get this resolved with my service provider from Rogers, nothing. They said they do not support Youtube and that I need to contact Blackberry. So they provided me with this number: 1-877-255-2377. I spoke to BB Customer Support who then told me I have to send my request to the developers at this email address: support@amairasoft.com. This is just ridiculous! It's no wonder more people are ditching BB and moving over to iPhone or Samsung. Might be my next move too!

do I understand correctly ? You contacted BB Customer support, and they told you to contact amairasoft.com , a third party ? Who is this company ? Do you have an app from them installed on your device ?

Yes that's correct. The agent gave me an email address and told me I will need to email the developers. That's exactly what she relayed to me. The address is support@amairasoft.com. As far as I know I don't have a 3rd party app. The phone came with a Youtube Icon.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

Misspage:

Try this only if jsanders approves.  I want him to look at this.  I would like for you to install but not using the rogers device software.. but from AT&T

Download the 9900 software from http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html get the AT&T one

You'll have to delete the vendor.xml file to install it.

http://crackberry.com/delete-vendorxml-or-not-delete-question

then use bbsak to install that version to your device.  again, I'm going to ask jsanders if thats ok.  Synthetic said using the rogers version didn't work.

Wolf359 wrote:

Misspage:

Try this only if jsanders approves.  I want him to look at this.  I would like for you to install but not using the rogers device software.. but from AT&T

Download the 9900 software from http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html get the AT&T one

You'll have to delete the vendor.xml file to install it.

http://crackberry.com/delete-vendorxml-or-not-delete-question

then use bbsak to install that version to your device.  again, I'm going to ask jsanders if thats ok.  Synthetic said using the rogers version didn't work.

I don't feel comfortable deleting files and installing another software. I would hate to mess anything up and cause further issues.

I just contacte Blackberry Support via telephone and I was told I need to email blackberry support?!  Why do they have a support line in the first place if they make their customers go through email. I don't understand why the agent couldn't log the issue and have someone get back to me via email. Talk about getting the run around.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

Yep, looks good to me.

I'd recommend trying that.

Beyond those instructions, I'd even say AFTER you backup the device using the BlackBerry Desktop Software, close the Desktop Software.

Open BBSAK and first do a wipe of the device.

You will in the end see "JVM Error 507" on the BlackBerry screen and that means only that the device does not recognize any operating system on the device. Of course, you've wiped it, almost like formatting a hard drive on a PC.

THEN, reload the OS using BBSAK.

if you have problems, please post back.

I am posting alternative directions below. Try BBSAK first, this second if not successful in installing the new OS with BBSAK.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." (You might have another Vendor.xml file hiding on your computer. Open Windows Explorer and under the Organize button (on Windows 7, there are similar tools for Vista and XP) click on "Folder and search options." Under the View tab, make sure that your computer is set to show hidden folders and files. Once you've done this, search your C:\ drive for "Vendor.xml".)
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

**Starting with the later OS6 releases, there are now three copies of VENDOR.XML
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 32-bit Windows XP/Vista/7)
==========OR============
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 64-bit Windows Vista/7)
C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
You can also just search for VENDOR.XML. Make sure that you choose ADVANCED SEARCH and include hidden files. It should show the file in at three locations. Delete every copy that it finds.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.