Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
the_snks
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Gmail/IMAP access

ichica wrote:

I have the exact same problem and really need two way sync, as my colleague and I work from the same gmail accounts, so it is really important that we can see whether or not one of us has replied to an incoming email. Incredibly enough, an email sent from gmail on the pc, does indeed not show on the BB.

I also downloaded the gmail app on the BB. This is kind of ok, but by far not as user friendly as the blackberry email function itself.

My question now is: would it help if I 'IMAP' the gmail accounts to outlook express and subsequently link outlook to the BB?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Interesting. My initial thought is, for this to work you would need a dedicated machine to remain on at all times to OTA sync with, correct? Or do you mean you would download the mail to Outlook, and sync via USB with the BB?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Winger
My Device: Not Specified

Simple Solution to 2-way email with BB

Dump GMail and use yahoo email.  Full, 2-way email sync works...and have been working ever since I got my BB back in Feb/March of this year (2009)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marascma
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Simple Solution to 2-way email with BB

Hi guys,
I've been struggling with this plugin all day... I'm hoping that someone here knows what to do.... and that this forum group is appropriate.
I have this phone:
Bold 9700
OS version 5.0.0.423
Bell mobility
I've tried a number of things to get the plugin to work:
- reinstall the newest version of the plugin (2.0.0.25), deleted my gmail BIS integration, then reinstall
- deleted the plugin and my gmail, reinstalled plugin then gmail
- deleted plugin, reinstalled gmail then the plugin
- deleted plugin followed by battery out restart, then gmail
in every case, when I add associate the gmail account with my BIS, I dont recieve the said PIN message that other posts / the support page discusses. I don't see any of the plugin features in the 'gmail' message icon/page (I know that they will not show in the general message program).
gmail otherwise works fine with BIS. Any thoughts?
in options>applications>add-on 'enhanced gmail plug-in' is there (2.0.0.25) with the three 'modules'
Initially IMAP and POP were both on, and I've tried just one or the other too.  No luck
I've searched forums for hours - anyone know anything that I don't know?
Thanks for any help!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
davidbessler
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Tmobile

Re: Simple Solution to 2-way email with BB

Have any of you come up with a solution besides using yahoo mail that allows you to:

Apply labels to new email

See archived emails by label

The Plugin does the first but not the second

Gmail App does the second but not the first

How ridiculous is that?!

Please use plain text.