Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: O2

Gmail Sent Messages Synchronisation on Blackberry Bold 9790 device

I have a Blackberry Bold 9790 with O2 UK and on which I have set up my Gmail account.

I access my Gmail through multiple email clients (Mail on iMac and iPad, Outlook on my PC, Gmail webmail, etc).

The email delivery method has been set on IMAP and regular SMTP on those clients in order to keep the emails on the server and to download each of them on each of my devices.

The synchronisation of the incoming messages is working correctly, and every email I receive appear in all my email clients.

The issue concerns the Outgoing emails. If I send and email from Gmail webmail or from my iMac mail or Outlook, the sent emails won't appear on my blackberry. If I send an email from my blackberry, it will obviously appear as a Sent Item on my Blackberry and also in the Sent Items of Gmail webmail.

What is the solution to have the Outgoing emails sent from my computers to appear on my blackberry (reconcile all the Outbox of my gmail account).

Thanks for your help.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Gmail Sent Messages Synchronisation on Blackberry Bold 9790 device

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It's actually supposed to work...refer:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Please check carefully all that KB says to see if perhaps any of those things have an effect. Also please check GMail carefully via their webmail interface...it may well be that these sent items are there, but just do not have the proper label (since GMail doesn't use folders, technically, but labels)...the items may well be in the All Mail label.

Also, I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your BIS configuration for the affected email accounts. Failing that, remove and reintegrate ALL email accounts (there may perhaps have been a BIS update at your carrier sometime ago, but often that only gets received by the BB when all email accounts are removed and reintegrated...and perhaps waiting an hour between). Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

My only tiny suspicion has to do with using the Advanced Gmail Plugin...sometimes that causes different results than the non-plugin method of integrating GMail.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code