Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Developer
iBlizz
My Device: Bold 9700

Google Apps Contacts/Calendar BIS Sync

[ Edited ]

I've setup two separate Google Apps accounts on my phone through the Email Setup Application, and email works flawlessly.

However I also use Google Calendar, is there anyway I can use BIS to sync Calendars?  The options under "Syncronization" is only "Deleted Items"...contacts and calendar are nowhere to found like they are with regular gmail users.

I'd use the standalone Google Sync application, however that will only let me login to one account at a time.  If I can do it through BIS, I can check it off for both accounts and have both calendars running.

Let me know, thanks.

In short, can Google Apps users sync Google Calendar via BIS?

EDIT: I have a Bold 9700 running OS 6.

Visitor
eyoungson
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Google Apps Contacts/Calendar BIS Sync

This thread is a bit old...but did you get this resolved?

I have exact same issue - my company uses Google Apps for email, and when I set up account on my BB it does not give the option to sync calendar (only deleted items).

New Developer
iBlizz
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Google Apps Contacts/Calendar BIS Sync

While I no longer use BlackBerry, I do remember getting past this issue.

While I don't remember the exact details of how I was doing it before (when it wasn't working), I do remember deleting the GApps account on my phone completely.

Then adding it again, but telling the BlackBerry it was a GMail account instead.  I chose 'GMail', but it still let me enter in my Google Apps domain just fine.

Once I did this, Contacts and Calendar synced just fine.

Hopefully that helps, :smileywink:.