Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
SayYong
My Device: BB 9900
Accepted Solution

Google Apps on Blackberry BIS - custom Domain address Sync Calendar or Contacts with BIS

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I need to sync my Google Apps with my Blackberry 9900 OS 7

My company has moved all our emails hosting to Google Apps - Gmail/Contact/Calendar

and we are using our own domain name for our emails (eg. joe@abc.com) with Google Apps - Gmail

When I was trying to configure my company Email (eg. joe@abc.com) on the BIS email setup, they are not able to detect that my company email is a Google Apps account and I need to manually input my mail server, which is "imap.gmail.com"

Only with the manual configuration, I am able to successfully setup my company Google Apps email account with BIS.

BUT, still I am unable to sync my GoogleApps calendar and contact, because there is no OPTION for me to "Tick".

But with my own personal email account (eg: joe@gmail.com) , I am able sync calendar and contacts on the BIS setup website.

My question is, Why is there a difference? Since both email addess domain (@abc.com and @gmail.com) are with GoogleApps - Gmail service. 

Hope Someone in Blackberry can help answer this and thus it will differently boost confidence or have this added feature to maintain Blackberry user confidence.

Here is a Link from Google:

support.google.com/a/users/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2365095

This article applies only for Google Apps customers

Using Native BlackBerry apps

BlackBerry® Internet Service customers: You can set up your device using BlackBerry® Internet Service (BIS), which is part of the standard BlackBerry service plan. BIS works with the Email, Calendar, and Contacts apps on BlackBerry, and syncs with Google Apps email, calendar, and contacts. Blackberry Internet Service is provided by RIM and mobile carriers. For information and support, please contact RIM.

New Contributor
SayYong
My Device: BB 9900

Re: Google Apps on Blackberry BIS - custom Domain address

Issued has been resolved with RIM and only RIM can help.

And now I have the option to choose what to sync on the BIS - Calender or Contacts.

NOC needed to update their MX records to allow custom domain using GoogleApps to be connected via the same way how "Gmail.com" domain is being connected via BIS.

Hope this would clear GoogleApps Calender and contact Sync with BIS matters.

**Please remember to also enable/active calender and contacts on your GoogleApps and only parimary calender and parimary contacts is able to sync with BIS server once NOC has allowed your custom domain on their MX records.

**Shared calender or contacts will not be sync!