Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
Scoutime
My Device: Not Specified

Google app sync draws battery down fast after installing on Bold

[ Edited ]

Recently my company switched to Google Pro for our e-mail. I have a BlackBerry Bold and installed Google Sync so that my calendar items and contacts would reflect my Google information. After installing the Google Sync my battery's life went way down! It would only last until about noon, where as I would easily be able to go an entire day before. So I uninstalled the Google App Sync and the battery life went back to normal. Am I missing something? Does it not work on BB Bolds? Or is there something I have done wrong? What can I do to change that? Do I have to get another brand of phone?

Verizon 9650

V5.0.0.975

Phone is 2 months old

Files Free 302086191

Memory Free. 288 mb

david_eugene
My Device: Bold 9650

Re: Google app sync draws battery down fast after installing on Bold

Same problem.  Just installed Google Sync yesterday.  After a full-night's battery charge, is down to just one bar by 11:30am...with only a few minutes use of text/voice/web.  Not good.  Was really looking forward to syncing mail and contacts between GMail and BB -- but not if phone is dead by noon.  Any fixes in the works, or is this a known issue with Google Sync?

deepspacefan
My Device: Blackberry 8630

Re: Google app sync draws battery down fast after installing on Bold

Having the same issue.  Also noticed on Sprint that I am missing a bunch of calls.  Just realized that it must be because Google is continually syncing and CDMA cannot send data and voice at the same time.  How frustrating - love the app and now will have to manually sync which kind of defeats the object!