Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
ichabod
My Device: Bold 9650
Accepted Solution

Google calendar not synching

Starting yesterday, my Blackberry stopped synchronizing with Google Calendar after having worked flawlessly for months. I am using the built-in synchronization for gmail.com addresses, not Google Sync.

When I first discovered this yesterday, I went into email options -> Email Account Management and selected the email account in question. Under Synchronization Options, I found that Calendar was unchecked. I checked it, entered the email password to validate the change, and exited back out. I didn't see any change.

At some point, I received a couple of emails from "Blackberry", subject "Action Required: Calendar synchronization has stopped". By this time, I had gone to the Blackberry support site and reloaded my service books, and I received an email for each of the three email accounts affected. (Only the gmail account is set up to synchronize calendar events.) Eventually, it worked again, but I believe it was after I had received yet a third email about synchronzition having stopped. I went to bed last night believing the problem was solved, because an event had synchronized.

This morning brought another message about synchronization having stopped, and I again followed the instructions in the email to go into Email Account Management above; however, events that I have entered (one on Blackberry and one on the Google Calendar web site) have not been synchronized.

At this point, I'm wondering if there is some problem with the Blackberry network. I'll appreciate any information. Thanks!

Blackberry 9650 (Verizon)

6.0 Bundle 3084 (v6.0.0.719, Platform 4.4.0.560)

Contributor
ichabod

Re: Google calendar not synching

My Google calendar is still not synching through Blackberry Internet Service. Here are the things I have tried:

• Backed up to Blackberry Desktop, deleted all data from phone, then restored from Blackberry Desktop.
  • Deleted Google email account from Blackberry, then recreated it.
  • Disabled calendar sync in email account options for Google account, saved changes, then enabled calendar sync. (I've done this so many times that I can just about do it in my sleep.)
  • To rule out problems with the wifi network's access to Blackberry Internet Service (even though I've spent time in at least three or four different Wifi networks), I disabled Wifi so traffic would go via Verizon Wireless.

It is extremely frustrating that there seems to be no way to report this to a human being at RIM or Google. I'm about ready to go back to a paper calendar.

Contributor
ichabod

There is currently a problem with the system used for Google Calendar synchronization over Blackberry Internet Service, and it is being worked on. I learned this after an hour-long call involving both a Verizon Wireless representative and a support person from Blackberry/RIM. The Blackberry support person was only able to learn this from consulting an internal knowledge base site. There is no public announcement forum for this kind of thing.

One other thing that the Blackberry support person had me try was visiting Google's "display captcha" page. He said that after too many attempts of enabling and disabling a Gmail account's synchronization, the account could be locked. Visiting the captcha page and logging in would unlock the account for 10 minutes so synchronization could be enabled again. The address of the page is https://accounts.google.com/displayunlockcaptcha. It didn't resolve my problem, but it may be useful to someone.

Contributor
ichabod

Just an update -- one week out -- Google calendar synchronization via BIS is still not working for me. If it's working for anyone, I'd appreciate knowing about it. Thanks!

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Ichabod and welcome to the forums!

It was very nice of you to help user davidwood86!

I noticed you said you hadn't gotten an answer to your [problem.

So I read your thread and it appears you haven't gotten any suggestions.

I did a little research to give you some articles to review and perhaps help you fix the problem.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Bifocals

BlackBerry Internet Service Feature and Technical Overview Version: 4.2

User Guide - BlackBerry Internet Service - 4.

Enhanced Google Mail Plug-in Version: 1.0_User Guide

KB24209 What is calendar synchronization with Gmail?

KB24204 How to enable or disable calendar synchronization with a integrated Gmail email account

KB17992 Using the Calendar application on a BlackBerry smartphone that supports multiple CICAL service books

KB24089 Calendar synchronization may not be available for googlemail.com accounts

KB20147 BlackBerry Desktop Manager does not prompt the BlackBerry smartphone user during synchronization when the default Calendar service has changed

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
ichabod

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, it's looking like I still have to wait for resolution from Blackberry.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I thought you might want to review the info as a checklist and help pinpoint the problem.  If you want to wait that's up to you. I won't invest any more time.

If you have any questions just ask and we can try to help.

Just please don't ask when someone is going to fix it.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
ichabod

I am frankly at a loss for where to go next. About once a day, I get an email notice like this:

Action Required: Calendar Synchronization has stopped

Calendar events have stopped being synchronized between <mylogin>@gmail.com and your BlackBerry device. To resume synchronizing calendar items with this email account:

1. Access your email account settings by completing one fo the following actions:

* Open the email setup application on your device.

* Using a browser on your computer, visit the Blackberry Internet Service web site.

2. Go to the Email Accounts page.

3. Edit <mylogin>@gmail.com.

4. Select the option to synchronize calendar.

5. Click Save.

I dutifully go through the steps on my device. The box for synchronizing the calendar and the box for synchronizing contacts will both be unchecked. I'll check the one to synchronize my calendar. (Google doesn't need to have my contact list.) I'll click save, and then I'm asked to enter my Gmail password.  The next day, it's the same drill again. The emails don't end up in my Gmail box

Interestlngly, I am unable to do any of this through Verizon's site for the Blackberry Internet Service (https://vzw.blackberry.com/). When my Blackberry.com password didn't work, I clicked on the password reminder and supplied my PIN, and eventually an email arrived telling me that the PIN/password combination wasn't on file. I then tried to create an account using PIN and IMEI/MEID (both) and received a message Please use your BlackBerry device to access this site. Desktop browser not supported. This happened using the Blackberry browser and also with Firefox on my laptop. But going through the procedure with the email setup, as documented in the knowledge base articles, appears to work -- meaning it doesn't throw an error, even though no change in behavior occurs.

New Contributor
jason_morgenson

I've had the same problem before occasionally with both calendar and contacts for Google. I've found that if I delete the email/calendar accounts from my phone, and then re-setup the email/calendar accounts, everything syncs and is up and working like normal in a few minutes.
Contributor
ichabod

So yours is working correctly right now, and you use Verizon?