Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
jason_morgenson
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Google calendar not synching

Correct.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ichabod

I have several interesting (to me) developments. Although I had previously tried deleting and re-adding my Gmail account, Jason's suggestion induced me to try a few more things:

• I resent the service books to my device. In addition to the confirmation emails telling me that all of the email accounts' service books had been successfully sent, I also immediately got another notice from Blackberry telling me that calendar synchronization had stopped and instructing me how to re-enable it (same as before). Even more interestingly, every time I re-enabled synchronization, another of these emails would appear in just a few minutes. I did this about a half-dozen times.
  • I deleted my Gmail account from my device. The calendar entries remained.
  • I backed up the entire device using Blackberry Desktop, then deleted Calendar (0 recs), Calendar-All (159 recs), and Calendar Options (1 rec) with yet another backup. All calendar entries were gone when I checked again.
  • I re-added my Gmail account to the device. The account is receiving new email, but it doesn't show the existing messages to the Gmail account, with the exception of Blackberry messages about synchronization and a couple of old appointment cancelations sent by my daughter's Google calendar.

One other thing I noticed was that after I did the activation and everything seemed to be complete, the Enterprise Activation process kept running, even though 1) I didn't ask for enterprise activation, because I don't have an enterprise server and 2) all the messages look to me as though it is finished:

Contacting server....

Verifiying encryption...

Encryption verified.

Waiting for services...

Services received

"<mylogin>@gmail.com" is now enabled.

The Enterprise Activation program seems to have restarted even though I powered off my device.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jason_morgenson

Hmm...sounds more complicated than I originally thought. Have you tried @BlackberryHelp on Twitter? They are using Twitter as sort of an email/chat help service. Response time is similar to email.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
thequeue
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm experiencing the same problem. I have two google accounts on my BB9700 & PB and neither of them have syncing calendars. I get hte same email the OP described from the RIM servers stating that calendar syncing has stopped about a day after I enable them. I can confirm this is still happening for me and has been going on for about two weeks now.

Since it started, I've reinstalled the OS on the device and deleted/added the google accounts and nothing has changed for the better. One of my accounts is a Google Apps for Business (paid) account and i have an open ticket with google to see if this issue is the fault of google or RIM. I'll wait to hear back from Google before i call for PAID SUPPORT from RIM :smileyfrustrated:.

I hope RIM is listening. If this problem doesn't fix itself in another week I'm throwing in the towel and getting an Android. I almost missed two important meetings when this all started from a lack of syncing calendars. And this seemingly minor glitch (from RIM's point of view maybe?) is actually a big headache for anyone who uses Google services for business. I need a device that's dependable and I expected my Blackberry to be that. Plugging in my blackberry via USB for Outlook syncing is not an option in 2012, sorry RIM.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ichabod

I had another round with Blackberry support on Thursday, but it didn't fix the problem. I'll try them again in a day or two, as soon as I settle in from a trip. I'll let you know what I hear.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
thequeue

Ok got a response from Google just now about this, here's what they say:

As you may know, the only officially-supported method for syncing to Google Apps via BlackBerry is the Google Apps Connector for BlackBerry Enterprise Server (GBES). As a result, we aren't able to offer troubleshooting for other syncing methods. With that said, I want to try my best to help you resolve your issue, even if it is only temporarily before switching to GBES or another mobile platform altogether. I have included your various options below for syncing between BlackBerry devices and Google Apps:

1) Google Sync for BlackBerry - This method only supports syncing of Contacts and Calendar and does not offer Push services. You can find more information on Google Sync for BlackBerry at http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/.

2) Native app - As you can see from the Help Center article at http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1733075, this option is no longer supported, although you may continue to use it.

3) BlackBerry Internet Service - As this is a service provided by BlackBerry, the only support available is via your mobile carrier or RIM, although you can find additional information about this product at http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/subcategories/?userType=1&category=Messaging+%26+Emai....

4) A hosted BlackBerry Enterprise Server - You could deploy Google Apps Connector with a hosted BES. Though we can't recommend one provider over others, you can find firms that offer these services in the Google Apps Marketplace at https://www.google.com/enterprise/marketplace/search?query=Hosted+BES+for+Google+Apps.

I hope that you have found this information useful.

So i suppose this is a problem for RIM to fix. I've called my carrier and asked for help, they've told me to call RIM support which I will now do.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ichabod

Thequeue,

Thanks for sharing what you've found. I hope you will follow through with your carrier. It's interesting to me that #1 in Google's response to you ("Google Sync for BlackBerry") appears to be in conflict with the Google Blog article that says they're ending support for Google Sync for Blackberry on June 1st (Google Sync for BlackBerry End of Life). (Google Sync wasn't viable anyway, IMHO, because it dropped/deleted appointments more than a couple of months out.) This all implies that the solution is up to RIM, and like you, that is no solution for me. At the moment, the only way I can access my calendar is via the web to Google Calendar, and on mobile this is slow and cumbersome. If a solution from RIM is not forthcoming fairly soon, I'll be compelled to investigate other options, despite my love of my Blackberry.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thequeue

OK! I called RIM support and they wanted to harge me $50 to open a ticket. They suggested I try calling my carrier again which I had done already (who had referred me to RIM in the first place). My carrier suggested i delete all the gmail service book entries and then they pushed them to my device for me. This fixed the problem!! I now have syncing calendars (two). It's only been a couple hours, but so far so good.

Have you tried deleting service book entries yet?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ichabod

I did delete my service books under the instruction of the RIM technician. That looked promising, but then the messages that synchronization had stopped began coming again.

I'd say to call your carrier again. I spent a long time on the phone with Verizon, going through all sorts of procedures under their instruction, before they gave up and transferred me to RIM. I've been refusing to consent to closure of the ticket until the problem is fixed, in hope that it will be escalated to the point that it is fixed. If you can get a ticket open with RIM, they may figure out the problem, or at least there will be a record of it. If there is only one recorded complaint, there is less incentive to do something about it.

I'll be taking another stab at this tomorrow; I need to get some work done today.  Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thequeue

ichabod wrote:

I did delete my service books under the instruction of the RIM technician. That looked promising, but then the messages that synchronization had stopped began coming again.

So was it temporarily working, then stopped again? How long was it working for before it stopped once you reset the service books?

Please use plain text.