Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
richardlane
My Carrier: EE - UK

Re: Google calendar not synching

Hi

Very interesting to read this thread as it's almost identical to my own experience with my wife's Bold 9780 when trying to sync Google calendar.  I used to use Google Sync which failed somtime in late 2012 so I have now removed that from the phone.  Following the forum advice I switched to using BIS and the associated gmail account for the calendar with no success, just the same experience as you describe.

This morning I woke up and had the brainwave of just using the web app for Google calendar and I am happy to say that it is a half decent workaround.  I've placed a Calendar bookmark on the Bold start screen and it's kind of usable.  You can add new events using the Google quick entry format and you see the events as an agenda style list.  There is no way to delete an event that I have found.  Kind of wierd but that's how it seems to work.  Because you are using the web app syncing to Google is instantaneous because you are modifying your Google calendar database directly.

I also found no way of logging into to BIS Orange (UK) via the web, absolutely unbelievable way to run a company really, no surprise RIM is almost dead.  On the other hand the Bold hardware is great and I was hating the idea of having to buy a new Android phone just to solve the problem of shared Google calendars.

So, out of interest, did you ever get any resolution?

Regards

Richard.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here is the link for logging into Orange UK BIS site.

Thanks,

Bifocals

BIS Orange UK

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
richardlane

Thanks for the Orange BIS URL.  I can see that my email does not make it clear but I did actually get this far but was unable to login at this point.  I tried PIN and IMEI approach but it failed in the same way that the thread originator described.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ichabod
My Carrier: Verizon

Richard, my problem was magically resolved last spring. It seemed to have something to do with Google's work when they phased out the sync client for blackberry, because it coincided with that time frame. As of this morning, synchronization through BIS using the Gmail plugin is working for me. It probably will help for you to contact your carrier and tell them of your problem. there may be something that they need to fix. And, to add to the puzzle, Google has recently made more changes related to synchronization with Microsoft Exchange, for which they're also dropping support. (Something to do with yet another apart between Google and Microsoft over standards. I sure wish these corporations would realize that their customers' needs often rely on drawing from everyone's products and that they are most likely to keep their customers when they play ball with each other.) I wish you luck in obtaining a speedy resolution.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
richardlane

Hi ichabod, nice to get a reply from you especially on such an old thread. I only read the first page of comments hence my strange post. When I realised there were 4 pages I spotted my mistake as you did resolve it. I will try contacting Orange, or as yet are now ironically entitled, Everything Everywhere. For now my wife is using the web app. It's possible this has improved since you made your post.

One thing I didn't mention is that I do seem to get infrequent (perhaps daily) BIS calendar sync from google to BB but nothing from BB to google for the calendar.

Thanks again, I have read many posts on this issue and this thread has been by far the most thoughtful and useful.

Regards
Richard
Please use plain text.
thepaulie
My Carrier: Optus Australia

Hi All,

I'm new here and I have had the same problem for a few months and ... I think ... I SOLVED IT ! (In my case).

In short: I noticed in calendar options: Default calendar for new events that Facebook was the option. Even though Facebook had been uninstalled and there was no trace of it in the apps list. (It had been previously restored.)

This Facebook option could not be de-selected so I figured it had remained there by mistake.

So I did backup - then factory reset - then reloaded data WITHOUT CALENDAR data. (Since Google mail is my primary source).

The whole account set-up process was undertaken again - and - NOW IT"S WORKING. Google calendar synchronising both ways as normal. Hurrah !!

I don't know if the Facebook thing was responsible or whether factory reset would have done it.

Good luck. !!!

Please use plain text.