Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Google calendar not synching

It hasn't worked since Sunday, May 6th, or possibly before. In my various attempts to fix the problem, I've seen stuff on the screen that made me believe it was going to work (words like "synchronizing", etc.), but it hasn't.
Contributor

It appears that this situation is resolved for me after escalation to RIM development. I will have to see how things go over the next couple of days.

My support case with RIM was escalated yesterday, and I'm surprised how it came about. The case was closed on Monday because I hadn't had time to call again to tell RIM that I was still having trouble. I received an email with a link to a satisfaction survey. I responded to the survey with positive marks for the staff's competence and efforts but checked the box indicating that my problem wasn't resolved. I had, quite frankly, given up, and I didn't really expect anything from the survey other than its being tabulated with the other dozens of surveys that I imagined were being processed.

When I received a call yesterday on my cell phone from a blocked phone number, I only answered it because a friend was dealing with funeral and shiva plans yesterday. The RIM agent who called went over the case notes and listened to my tale of despair, in which I told her I was ready to defect to Android or iOS. Then she transfered me to a guy in the next support level. He coached me through getting an event log from my device using Blackberry Desktop, picked up it from email, and said that they would get back to me no later than Monday.

I received another "Calendar synchronization has stopped" email from Blackberry after I went to bed last night, and this morning I went into email options *again*, re-enabled calendar synchronization, and went to work. The tipoff that things were working came when Mozilla Thunderbird prompted me for a "Test appointment" that I had put on the Blackberry a couple of weeks ago.

RIM support really impressed the heck out of me yesterday with their proactiveness. At this point, I'm marking this issue as being resolved, but I'll add other notes if this turns out not to be the case.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Good to hear things worked out for you in the end. Did you have to pay for this support? 

Contributor

No, I wasn't asked to pay for support. I'm not sure I would have, since I didn't believe the problem would be fixed.
Contributor

Weird... I tried getting RIM support as well and it would cost $50 for the ticket. They said that if the problem was found to be their fault, then there would be a high chance I would be refunded. Were you transferred to RIM support from your carrier or something? Maybe they paid for it...

Contributor

I was transferred to RIM by my carrier.
Contributor

Appreciate your carrier! Mine wouldn't transfer me on their behalf. "We no longer offer that service"... or something

Contributor

If this problem had persisted for me, I would have explored alternative solutions, possibly including dropping my data plan and going to a Wifi-only solution. (My daughter is getting by very well with her iPod Touch, and most of the time, I'm easily able to get to Wifi.) If they played the "contract's not up card", I'd certainly be willing to take the case that they're in breach of contract to the arbitrator. (I am not a lawyer, so don't consider this to be legal advice.) But in any case, I'd say go through all the standard remedies again, and maybe it'll start working for you. I really suspect this has something to do with the Google Sync for Blackberry end-of-life I mentioned earlier in this thread.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

ichabod wrote:
If this problem had persisted for me, I would have explored alternative solutions, possibly including dropping my data plan and going to a Wifi-only solution. (My daughter is getting by very well with her iPod Touch, and most of the time, I'm easily able to get to Wifi.)

Hello,

A BB and an iPod Touch are very different animals. BB's, without their data plan, are quite hobbled indeed:

Unlike other devices, BBs depend on services that are hosted at the carriers/RIM for all of the enhanced services that BBs have. Which, btw, those enhanced services aren't for everyone...those who feel they don't want them (or don't fell they are worth the extra money) certainly should entertain shifting to other platforms.

In any event, I agree with your suspicions about the Google Sync being the culprit. That said, the most recent versions of BIS coupled with adequate BB OS versions do have Google Calendar OTA sync capability.

• KB24204 How to enable or disable calendar synchronization with a integrated Gmail email account

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: BlacBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: BITE

I tried another (may be more simple) way of solving the same issue.

Temporarily deleted email accounts synched with Google calendar

Then from Desktop Software cleared all calendar entries on the device (device>delete data>selected data>calendar and calendar all)  and set up emails back. It worked for me two times.