Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
agiannaros
My Device: Bold
Accepted Solution

Greek input language on BB Bold 9000

I just bought a new BB Bold from Etisalat in UAE (the national provider). After setting up I realized that there is no Greek input language. I am Greek but work in Dubai and have to answer emails in Greek and search in my Address Book for Greek names. My previous BB a 8820, also from Etisalat, had the Greek input language!

Is there a way to install the Greek input language? Where can I download the file?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
mebonkers
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Greek input language on BB Bold 9000

Hi,

i have the solution for you, its gonna be a bit long...

if you are a bit of a tech wiz, it shouldnt be a problem, if not, i will have to guide you how to do so step by step or maybe do it for you since i also live in uae-duabi...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
agiannaros

I know my way around in computers. Send me your suggestion and if I am stucked I will ask for your help. Thanks a lot.
Please use plain text.
sakis39

I have same problem I am in Montreal Canada

Would you please e mail me the prcedure of how to add Greek in the input language

my e mail

mitchg@videotron.ca

Thanks a lot

Please use plain text.
Sergk

Could this solution be applied to BlackBerry 8830? Thank You in advance.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
agiannaros

[ Edited ]

I managed to solve the problem and have Greek input language on my Bold. The procedure involved reinstalling the complete O.S. with one that supports multilingual input.

The list of official software can be found at http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

For instructions on how to uninstall and reinstall your software do a Google or other search with the terms: proper upgrade procedure for blackberry

Also check this thread http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&thread.id=2372

However, this is a very risky procedure and I don't know if it voids any guarantees, but it worked for me. Do it at your own risk.

Message Edited by agiannaros on 10-18-2008 10:58 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
eltawil
My Device: BlackBerry Bold
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

@agiannaros: By the way, when you bought your BlackBerry Bold from Etisalat, did it come with Arabic characters on the keyboard or just English characters? I am just curious to know.

Ahmed Eltawil
Senior Systems Developer
IES Group Inc.

Remember to mark your thread as 'Solved' and to give those who helped some precious 'Kudos'.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
agiannaros

Yes it has arabic characters on the keyboard and as I was told from now on all Blackberrys sold from Etisalat will have arabic characters on the keyboard. At the moment there are only some 8310 with English only keyboard.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Aristotle
My Device: Bold 9700

Can you pls tell me if you installed the US version of the application, or one of the European ones in order to get the Greek keyboard? Also, did your Bold convert all dialogs in Greek, or you can only type in Greek with English dialogs?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
agiannaros

I installed one of the European ones, actually one from the Greek operators. This had many European languages but during installation I selected only Greek.

The Bold is in English, I can only type in Greek: ie lookup names in Address Book in Greek, type an email in Greek, etc.

Regards 

Please use plain text.