Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Group emails

Hi

After some issues with not receiving emails to my handset (i just stopped suddenly receiving emails), I contacted Orange who deleted all my settings without first asking me.  Now I cannot receive group emails on my mobile though they are appearing on my PC.  I have checked that my settings are set to forward all emails to the handset.  I can receive individual emails direct person to person but not through the groups I belong to.

I have spent hours on the phone to Orange and they say there is nothing they can do as this is not part of their support service (even though they deleted my settings in the first place).

Please, how can I reset my mobile to receive group emails again.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Group emails

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your BIS configuration for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support...although this time, don't let them fob you off. They are 100% responsible for all of your formal service-related support...consider, you pay them for your services...right now, they seem to be delivering neither service nor support to you.

Then again...is this possibly BES/corporate email? If so, they they are right...you need to work with your BES admin instead.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi and thank you!

Orange did reset it all for me but unfortunately my group emails are not being forwarded to my handset.  I am rather clueless, and useless when it comes to technology.  I just spoke with Orange again and they said contact Blackberry because as far as they are concerned I am getting some emails and so the problem has been resolved!

Also I have a new icon that has appeared on my home screen in the top right corner?  It is an oblong box, left side is black with a white handset graphic in it and the right side is white with a black wifi graphic in it.  What does this mean?

Also, please what is BES?

Apologies for all the questions.  I am now frustrated about this as I have no emails for over 3 days Smiley Frustrated

Thank you

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II

Bonjie wrote:

Orange did reset it all for me

Unfortunately, I have no way to know if what they did also included what I recommended. So, it is your choice as to how to proceed now.

Bonjie wrote:

but unfortunately my group emails are not being forwarded to my handset.

Please provide more details...from simply saying "group emails", I am not sure what is going on. Please be very specific about exactly what emails do and do not arrive to this specific email account of yours. For example, use a different email account (e.g., from a computer) and send an email to this account, with just the single recipient on it. Then send another, but add another recipient to that email. If both receive it, then indeed things are working correctly.

Please then clarify what a "group email" is for you. Is it something from someone who uses a distribution list? Or is it something from someone who adds each recipient one by one? Or is it some automated email system that you receive from? Something else perhaps? From just "group email", I have no clue what this actually is. And, have you checked with the sender that your email address remains one of the recipients? For, if your email address has been dropped, then there would of course be no email to arrive to you.

Bonjie wrote:

I just spoke with Orange again and they said contact Blackberry because as far as they are concerned I am getting some emails and so the problem has been resolved!

Well, then they fobbed you off, I am sorry to say. End users have no free channel by which to directly contact BlackBerry. Indeed, this site is not contacting BlackBerry...it is a user to user community. The only way to contact BlackBerry for free is to be escalated to BlackBerry by your carrier...they have formal channels to do this. Otherwise, there is a fee-based method which costs you money just to ask your first question, with no guarantee of any success.

Bonjie wrote:

Also I have a new icon that has appeared on my home screen in the top right corner?  It is an oblong box, left side is black with a white handset graphic in it and the right side is white with a black wifi graphic in it.  What does this mean?

This is new? These sound like very normal icons that should always be displayed. See if they match anything in this:

BBIcons.jpg

Bonjie wrote:

Also, please what is BES?

BES is BlackBerry Enterprise Service/System/Solution/Server -- it is the method that corporations use to enhance the normal capabilities of the BBs that they control. If you are getting Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes synchronized wirelessly to your BB, then you are on BES, and need to talk to your BES/IT admins.

Bonjie wrote:

Apologies for all the questions.  I am now frustrated about this as I have no emails for over 3 days Smiley Frustrated

No worries...that's why many of us volunteer here, to answer questions that folks have.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Many thanks! I'm going to look at this in the morning as I'm weary now. I will report back
New Contributor

Thank you sdgardne for your time in answering my questions.   With your help I am back working again and receiving emails to my Blackberry handset.  Regarding group emails I meant emails from groups I belong to, such as Yahoo Groups.

Although the 'new' icon I have is still there and does not feature in common Blackberry icons list... weird?!

It is great there is a forum like this where volunteers are happy to give up their time free of charge to help folk!

THANK YOU!

Hall of Famer II

You are welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates