Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

HELP! AM ROAMING FROM CAYMAN ISLANDS/Bold keeps shutting down

Hi, I am a Bold owner from Grand Cayman. My service provider is Cable & Wireless. I am now in Massachusetts roaming on T-Mobile. My Bold, which is about 50% charged, will boot up, but will take a long time. Sometimes the LED red light will stay on for about 5 mintues then the system will come up. If I attempt to touch any button, the red light comes back on, the screen goes black, then white with the "waiting" little clock on the white screen. it will stay that way for 10 minutes or more.

I have tried to take out the battery and SIM card and replace after 10 minutes. It worked ok Christmas Day. Then last night I turned off the phone for the night. Tried to turn it on again this morning, same boot up problems and crashing problems. Took battery out again; now not booting up, just get the red light and the white screen with the "Waiting" little clock again.

Wondering if it is a problem with roaming? I dont have any software here with me. There is no hard reset for this phone except take out the battery? And the white screen with the clock just seems to be in an infinite reboot mode.

Any suggestions to get this phone running again? Battery is at about 50%. I have plugged it into the wall, but the chargin light doesnt come on, only the LED red light sometimes.

Thanks for ANY help!

Ann-Marie

Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: HELP! AM ROAMING FROM CAYMAN ISLANDS/Bold keeps shutting down

I seriously doubt being on roaming on TMobile is causing the reboots. That is likely a java error or third party application or theme. Have you loaded any lately?

Let your BB charge a couple hours. There is no charging light, except for the charge indicator on the homescreen.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks. What I meant about charging is when the phone is turned off manually, when plugged into the charger, there is a green/orange light that indicates it is being charged. Since I can't even turn the phone off manually, there is no charging light when it is plugged in, that is what I meant.

I can't even get to the home screen for more than 1 minute or so, but I have seen very quickly that the charging indicator is on.

I haven't loaded anything recently onto the Bold. I have about 220 songs on the device, but they were loaded about 2 months ago when I first got the phone. I do have quite a lot of videos that I have taken of my babies and about 300 pictures as well. I used to use the Facebook for Blackberry application, but removed that long ago since that tended to crash the device as well.

I put the battery back in about 30 minutes ago and left the device. Will leave it charging and see if everything works out. Thanks very much.

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

That yellowish-green light when charging means you are under 15% charge.

You really don't need to turn the BB off to charge, so I wouldn't worry about that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code