Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

HELP! Alternate calendar causing eternal loop

Here is my sad story so far:

1. I installed facebook but deselected all blackberry connectivity -- I just want to post from my BB.

2. My device duplicated my entire calendar (300+ entries) as an alternate calendar: "send: facebook"

3. I implement the advice from ViciousFerret above and delete Facebook CICAL. Duplicate entries revert from "send: facebook" to "send: default"

4. Next sync, device adds 300+ entries to my outlook calendar -- the entries that were "send: facebook"

5. Next sync, my device calendar has reverted to "send: facebook" and the sync is trying to populate 600+ new entries (my original calendar plus the duplicates created by deleting Facebook CICAL.

Help! help! I'm caught in an infernal loop!

So now I delete the "Facebook [CICAL]" entry from Services Books every time before I sync my device. During the synchronization all recurring entries come up as conflicts (I select the computer version for all) and the sync ends with "synchronization error".

The first problem is that something is automatically re-spawning the "Facebook [CICAL]" entry in my device's service books. Hopefully if that gets resolved the synchronization errors will also go away...

This has been going on for over a week now: please help!

OS 7.1 bundle 2108
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: HELP! Alternate calendar causing eternal loop

Solved problem by:

1. Delete Facebook [CICAL] in Options > Device > Advanced > Service book
  2. Sync with desktop
  3. Full power off device and do a battery pull

OS 7.1 bundle 2108