Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Tesco Mobile
Accepted Solution

HELP!!! - App Error 606

I'm fairly new to the whole smartphone community, and I fear I've well and truly broke my Blackberry!

I noticed that softwareupdated e was available for my Blackberry, so I chose to download it. The problem was, my phone kept freezing in the process, and I was becoming somewhat impatient. Eventually, my phone told me that there wasn't enough memory, so I should delete some apps to make room. So I selected a few to delete, and my phone froze AGAIN. Now, whether it actually froze or not, I'm not sure...Maybe I am just too impatient for the life of a smartphone.

Anyway, I decided to take the battery out to reset the phone, as I was growing really tired and had work in the morning, so just wanted to turn my phone off and on again, set my alarm, and go to sleep. As I've come to turn the phone back on, it starts to load up like it usually would, then a screen appears:

"Blackberry Platform 5.0.0.496"

And it lists a whole bunch of items within the phone, in alphabetical order, the first being "Addressbook".

Then, within a few seconds, the screen turns completely white, and a small message appears "App Error 606" and it gives me the only option of resetting my phone. I click on reset, and it's a cycle....The phone appears to be loading as it usually would, then it goes back to this Blackberry Platform screen, then to the App Error 606.

I will ring my network provider in the morning to see if they can assist me, but was wondering if any of you on here would know about this at all? I feel so stupid for causing this!

New Contributor

Re: HELP!!! - App Error 606

I see that somebody has had a similar problem, and somebody has offered a solution to this problem! Currently downloaded blackberry software to see if I can solve my problem :-)

New Contributor

After installing the software, I'm waiting AGES to see if my handset will actually connect. It just says "connecting". HELP!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi xxjadey_babyxx

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community

Please Go through this Knowledge Base Article and follow the suggestion:

KB23954 : "App Error 606" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Try it and let us know if you feel any problem.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

My device won't actually connect though. I don't have the option of updating/reinstalling software because the device won't connect.

I just don't know what to do :-(

Elite II

Hi xxjadey_babyxx

If your device is  not detected then you had to force the detection of your device using Application loader.But remember in this process you will lose all your device data ,I hope you have your device Backup ,Follow this Knowledge Base to recover your device :

KB10144  :How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.

Please try it and let us know of your progress.

Prince

New Contributor

thank you :-) I'm getting somewhere now!

Elite II

Hi xxjadey__babyxx

So let us know of your final result.Good Luck.

Prince

Highlighted
New Contributor

All sorted! Phone is finally up and running again :-)

My photos/videos have stayed, however I've lost all my contacts......not quite sure why I've lost contacts but photos have remained? Hmmm. Nevermind! I'm just happy my phone is up and running :-D

thank you for all your help!

Elite II

Hi xxjadey__babyxx

You are most Welcome ... We are glad that your problem resolved.Smiley Very Happy And yes you had lost your Contacts because they are stored on our device memory and reloading in this manner delete all data within our device and all those media like photos and videos are stored on Media Card if media card support is turned on.

Prince