Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Firas1
My Carrier: Alfa Lebanon
Accepted Solution

HELP BOLD 9790 !!

Hello ! i just recieved a used blackberry bold 9790 .. when i plugged in my SIM my BIS plan didnt work although im subscribed + i cant register it for host routing table ( when i go to setting>advanced setting > host routing table> register now , it says that the registration message has been sent but nothing happens) + the service books are deleted please someone help me fix this problem .. how can i register and get the service books so my BIS would work please help me thank you ,, my mobile is blackberry bold 9790 ... Pin : 29590e8e

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

Re: HELP BOLD 9790 !!

Hi there.  Can you contact your carrier to see if this can be done?  I recommend taking it to the store or calling them from another phone if possible.

My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Any BB can be used on any carrier that runs the same radio frequencies that the BB is capable of (and I've no idea if your's are such). But, to bring a BB onto a carrier network that they did not sell to you, there are several hurdles to cross:

1) The carrier must say "yes" to the fact...they own their network and have every right to say what devices will be allowed to connect to it. If they say "no", then that's the end of it.

2) You must be sure that your BB is properly unlocked from it's originally manufactured-for carrier...see this helpful thread for details:

3) You must get all of your voice level services functioning on the carrier, before you even try anything about data

4) You must subscribe, from the carrier, to an adequate data plan to enable the BB-proprietary services you desire

5) If the carrier directly supports your specific model BB, then you can proceed with registering the BB onto their network, generating the proper Service Book delivery to your BB, and proceeding to function. This is the step it sounds like you are attempting, but failing on. So please re-check all of the above steps to be certain that they are correctly completed.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Firas1

well yes i think my carrier works just fine cuz i used to have a bold 9700 and it was working perfectly .. although im gonna check the unlock thingy and reply to you .. thank you for this help and i hope it solves my problem :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Firas1

im also resetting it to factory settings .. i hope that wont be much of a problem lol :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Firas1

i checked for my mobile and its unlocked so i dnt think thats the problem .. anyhow thank u for ur help :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well that is step 2...what about step 3? That's actually pretty important...indeed, each step is important, and depends on the prior step being properly completed.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Firas1

what do u mean by voice level services ?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Make/receive calls. Voice mail. SMS. And all of that on the carrier network that you intend to function on.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Firas1

yup its all working and im already subscribed to BIS plan .. see if i remove my sim card now and put it in my bold 9700 the service works just fine ..the problem is with the phone .. i can t register for HRT and i cant get the service books
Please use plain text.