12-18-2012 06:10 PM
Hello ! i just recieved a used blackberry bold 9790 .. when i plugged in my SIM my BIS plan didnt work although im subscribed + i cant register it for host routing table ( when i go to setting>advanced setting > host routing table> register now , it says that the registration message has been sent but nothing happens) + the service books are deleted please someone help me fix this problem .. how can i register and get the service books so my BIS would work please help me thank you ,, my mobile is blackberry bold 9790 ... Pin : 29590e8e
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-18-2012 06:14 PM
Hi there. Can you contact your carrier to see if this can be done? I recommend taking it to the store or calling them from another phone if possible.
12-18-2012 06:16 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Any BB can be used on any carrier that runs the same radio frequencies that the BB is capable of (and I've no idea if your's are such). But, to bring a BB onto a carrier network that they did not sell to you, there are several hurdles to cross:
1) The carrier must say "yes" to the fact...they own their network and have every right to say what devices will be allowed to connect to it. If they say "no", then that's the end of it.
2) You must be sure that your BB is properly unlocked from it's originally manufactured-for carrier...see this helpful thread for details:
3) You must get all of your voice level services functioning on the carrier, before you even try anything about data
4) You must subscribe, from the carrier, to an adequate data plan to enable the BB-proprietary services you desire
5) If the carrier directly supports your specific model BB, then you can proceed with registering the BB onto their network, generating the proper Service Book delivery to your BB, and proceeding to function. This is the step it sounds like you are attempting, but failing on. So please re-check all of the above steps to be certain that they are correctly completed.
Good luck and let us know!
12-18-2012 06:24 PM
12-18-2012 06:45 PM
12-18-2012 06:55 PM
12-18-2012 07:06 PM