Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: HELP BOLD 9790 !!

Firas1 wrote:
should i throw the phone from the window ?

Really? You've had 3 people now tell you that you need to work with your mobile service provider to resolve this, yet you steadfastly seem to refuse to do so...given that is the firmly recommended course of action, if you refuse to use it, then indeed tossing the BB into the bin might be your only hope...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Firas1
My Device: Bold 9790 made in Taiwan

I DID TRY TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM WITH MY MOBILE SERVICE PROVIDER AND THEY WERE USELESS .. if u read well u would notice that i i said i did everything u guys said about !
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

No need to yell...I've re-read all of your posts in this thread and find nothing where you've specifically talked about working with your mobile service provider. It actually matters not that they were useless...for it is only they that can resolve this. You must escalate with them, all the way into RIM if necessary (they have the ability to do that). But, again, only they have access to the necessary "behind the scenes" systems that can figure this out. No one here has such access...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Firas1

Sorry im yelling im just really pissed at my mobile service provider and at this mobile .. although my gf has the same device and it works just fine ... and the mobile service provider they were like the problem is from the device we cant help you cuz they are a bunch of illiterate **bleep**s .. anyhow thanks alot for the help but i think im done with it lol through the window it shall go
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

Well that's a shame. Like so many things in life, it's usually a matter of finding the right person, at your carrier, with the proper mix of knowledge and willingness. It seems that so far you have been unable to find such a person there. Such pity.

And being upset with your provided is indeed warranted...for, after all, you pay them for 100% of your services and, thereby, 100% of your service-related support. However, when the device is procured from other than the provider, then things indeed do get a bit askew. While your provider is responsible for your service-related support, they are not responsible for your device-related support...that is provided to you by whoever you obtained the device from. Sadly, so often the carrier agents who are "unwilling" immediately blame the device in situations such as this, without ever even truly looking into the situation. But, given what VF so kindly looked into for you above, this is most likely a misconfiguration by your service provider, and only they can resolve it, for it is they who control the systems necessary to resolve it.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Firas1

well yeah its true .. but i was reading in an other thread about BOLD 9790 and it said that there is a new OS update that supports my carrier ALFA LEBANON .. so im gonna try and download it to my phone and hope it works wish me luck
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Firas1

haha umm can u help me by telling me how to install the new os on my phone ? i cant find the update on Blackberry Device software is there an other way ?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well...first off, there is absolutely no requirement to use any specific carriers OS package...rather, you simply must use a package that is for your specific BB model number. So, I suspect that what you read may not be quite accurate...but, if you wish to proceed...

At the top of each device forum, there should be some "sticky" threads that discuss the OS levels available for many models. If they include your model, then please use those as reference as you proceed. Otherwise, you will have to dig through the official download portal for OS packages for your model:

From a PC, you can install any compatible (e.g., for your exact BB Model Number) OS package to a BB via this procedure:

Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.