Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
bbnewbie07
My Device: BB Bold 9780

HELP!! Can't sync my media!!!!

I have tried to sync my BB to the BBDM and it says Media Services Are Loading, checks for updates then automatically says in the Summary box that Device Pictures and Device Videos Failed (usually it loads them and has a green bar that shows it is syncing).

I do not know what to do! And under the Music section of BBDM it says "Music Services Failed to Load. An Unexpected Error Occured".

Can anyone help me? Please?

Please use plain text.
Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: HELP!! Can't sync my media!!!!

Hello bbnewbie07,

The following article will assist your regarding the "Music Services Failed to Load. An Unexpected Error Occured" message you are receiving in the BlackBerry® Desktop Software.

“Music services failed to load, an unexpected error occurred” when trying to synchronize Music on the BlackBerry Desktop Managerhttp://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB27155

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
m9679
My Device: 9800 Torch

Re: HELP!! Can't sync my media!!!!

I found very little useful on this for my error. The relevant Desktop.log exception was as follows: ERROR|12|Rim.Desktop.Media|18005|EXCEPTION: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException -- MESSAGE: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values I am using iTunes Match and wondered if this was related somehow. Based on the RIM KB article on this (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB27155) I went looking in my music library on iTunes. I noticed about 40 tracks where there was a cloud with an exclamation mark inside, suggesting there was an error uploading to Match. In all cases the same track existed without this error icon so I deleted the errored tracks. After re-opening Blackberry Desktop Manager the problem had gone away. Hope this helps someone else. RIM could do a way better job of throwing useful trace into Desktop.log IMHO.
Please use plain text.