Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

el22
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

HELP! Phone wont turn on

I have a blackberry bold 9930 (provided by Verizon) that wont turn on.  I dont know why.

Story:  I checked my messages on my device before going to bed and charging it for the night.  Left the phone on the charger throughout the night, woke up, went to check my messages, and the phone was no longer turning on.  I dont know what happened during the night.

Went to Verizon: the guy gave me some bs about how the phone has had water damage (as evident by corrosion on the charger insert location).  I have since been told that there is in fact no water damage (the item that is supposed to turn red when there is water damage is still white) and that the corrosion is merely the fact that I use the charger.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated because I dont want to give verizon more money for what probably is an easy fix.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Re: HELP! Phone wont turn on

Did the Verizon person tell you there is no water damage?  if so, they need to fix it.  You're paying for a service you can't use.  I can't guarantee this, but you can try a tooth brush and alcohol.  Take some, not a lot, of alcohol on the end of a toothbrush and rub it against the corision.  Have you tried another battery?  I suggest going back to Verizon first because you may put your warranty at risk if you try to fix it yourself.  Proceed with caution.

Thanks for your response.

My phone is no longer under warranty--its been over a year since I've had it.

The verizon guy said there WAS water damage, but I do not believe him, and the strip is still white.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

[ Edited ]

gotcha..  You can go back to the store and ask for a manager or different tech to check it out...or try to clean the corision yourself.

They dont have techs in verizon stores anymore (thats what the verizon guy said).  It seems that they only want sales, no fixing.

The corrosion was some bs that the verizon guy said, but I highly doubt that is the problem.  do you have any other recommendations on what could be causing my phone to not turn on anymore?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

You could call Verizon, start a support call so they can address this issue.  Not sure why they don't have techs in the store.  Geting the documentation process started is the first step in getting that phone replaced.  Tell them everything you stated here about the stores with no techs, etc.