Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
Accepted Solution

HELP!!! WHERE IS MY BB APP WORLD???????

I just got my BB Bold 9650 this week. Today I was prompted to upgade the operating system and after 2 hours it was complete. After resigning in to FB, twitter and some games I thought I was all set. HOWEVER, my BB App World icon is missing. I went and tried to download it again and a message came up that said that I already had the current version so I tried to replace it to get the icon to pop-up. That froze my phone. After a reboot nothing.

I now tried to go online and download a game to see if it would prompt it to come up. During the downlaod a message came up that said my operating system does not support it.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY APP WORLD.  I am VERY frustrated with BB.

Thanks!!!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: HELP!!! WHERE IS MY BB APP WORLD???????

Relax, you're in good hands here.

First of all, there's a possibility it's just been hidden.  From your homescreen, click the BB menu button.  If Unhide All is displayed, click it and your icon will return.

If that doesn't do the trick, go to your Applications list.  In OS 5, it's Options>Applications.  In OS 6, it's Options>Device>Application Management.  Once you're in your Applications list, find it, highlight it, click the menu key and select Delete.  Now point your phone's browser to www.blackberry.com/appworld and download it again.

Try those two things first.  If you still can't find it, let us know and we'll pursue other options.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thanks. I've done both suggestions. It's not hidden and I deleted it and redownloaded it. My phone is now frozen. It's in the processes of downloading. The bar is complete and nothing is happening. I did this through my phone. I also tried to download it on my pc and after downloading the software and plugging in my phone to the USB a message come up that no device is detected.

Elite II

Alright, which OS system are you using, OS 5 or OS 6?

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

6 - this all happened after the complete system update this morning

Elite II

Let's register your phone on the network again.  It's one of those things that can't hurt and might help.

From your homescreen, go to Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Host Routing Table, press the BB menu key and select Register Now.  Once that process has ended, try to delete and reinstall over the air following the instructions in my previous post.

New Contributor

After I rebooted it when it froxe I went into Options - Applications Manager and saw that i had it again. I went into the properties and changes Custom to Allow and when I went to my home screen the app was there! I should be on good shape now. Thanks for your help.

Elite II

I'm glad things are back to normal again.  :smileyhappy:

New Contributor

New Contributor

I have lost all my games and the docs to go apps after os 6 upgrade. Nothing above helped me recover the same. Please help....:-(